I support United AND Wednesday

glaham

I don't know anyone else who supports both teams. Is there anyone out there? Brought up in Meersbrook, I naturally first started supporting the Blades and used to go on Saturdays when it was 25p to stand on the Kop. Then I started going on the Kop at Hillsborough aswell, basically because I felt sorry for them because they were in Div 3 at the time. Ever since then, I've just supported both.

Originally posted by glaham

I don't know anyone else who supports both teams. Is there anyone out there? Brought up in Meersbrook, I naturally first started supporting the Blades and used to go on Saturdays when it was 25p to stand on the Kop. Then I started going on the Kop at Hillsborough aswell, basically because I felt sorry for them because they were in Div 3 at the time. Ever since then, I've just supported both.

thats not natural,you need help

I've always been a Wednesday fan, but when I was a lad, I used to go to Hillsborough one week and Bramall Lane the next.

Both teams were in the old first division then, so you could see a top level game every Saturday.

I must confess, I've always found it a bit pointless and juvenile how fans of the two Sheffield sides profess to hate each other's teams so much. Although I'd naturally prefer to see Wednesday come out on top, I'm always glad to see United win as well.

The only exception of course is during the derby games.

Never understood this football thing. People can get soooo uptight about it too!

United and Wednesday are both Sheffield teams, so shouldn't everyone support both? If not....why?

Remember...it's just a game!!!!

You're quite right. Besides that, by supporting just one team you are shutting yourself off from the whole history of the other. Also, if one team isn't doing too well you can colsole yourself with the relative good fortunes of the other.

Come on you Blades, er Owls. Actually I watch out for the results off all South Yorkshire clubs. Doncaster are doing well.

Originally posted by glaham

It is a scientifically proven fact that you can only support one football team.

Sorry but have to agree with kirky, you do need help.

In Sheffield there shouldn't be a problem 'cos there's only one team to support and thats United. The retards in S6 are merely there for entertainment value of the amusing kind.

By the way glaham, I used to go on't Kop at t'Lane when it was 1s 6d for kids and a season ticket used to cost £1 10s !!

Adults £3.

Originally posted by PhilipB

The retards in S6 are merely there for entertainment value of the amusing kind.

Like knowing how to win a cup final, like knowing how to win a fa cup semi-final, & like knowing how to win a play-off final......:P

Originally posted by mojoworking

I've always been a Wednesday fan, but when I was a lad, I used to go to Hillsborough one week and Bramall Lane the next.

Both teams were in the old first division then, so you could see a top level game every Saturday.

I must confess, I've always found it a bit pointless and juvenile how fans of the two Sheffield sides profess to hate each other's teams so much. Although I'd naturally prefer to see Wednesday come out on top, I'm always glad to see United win as well.

The only exception of course is during the derby games.

i like to see any sheffield team do well be it football, rugby, basketball.... but i cringe if "them" do well. ((a bit pointless and juvenile how fans of the two Sheffield sides profess to hate each other's teams so much)).... sorry mate but i love the stick we give each other..:P friendly of course..:D

Id never support the blunts.... but id rather have them as neighbours, than not have that at all..

:suspect:

Archived