I support United AND Wednesday

glaham

Originally posted by madowl

i like to see any sheffield team do well be it football, rugby, basketball.... but i cringe if "them" do well. ((a bit pointless and juvenile how fans of the two Sheffield sides profess to hate each other's teams so much)).... sorry mate but i love the stick we give each other..:P friendly of course..:D

Id never support the blunts.... but id rather have them as neighbours, than not have that at all..

:suspect:

Agreed, but there's a big difference between good humoured banter and those who won't even write (or say) the other team's name. Now, that's just immature schoolyard stuff.

Of course when it comes down to it you can only support one team but, as you say, there's nothing wrong with wanting both Sheffield teams to prosper.

Originally posted by mojoworking

Agreed, but there's a big difference between good humoured banter and those who won't even write (or say) the other team's name. Now, that's just immature schoolyard stuff.

Couldn't agree with you more. Thats why its easy just not to say Sheffield Wendy.

I've always classed myself as a Blade but when i was growing up if i wanted to go to a match i had to watch Wednesday as both my brothers supported them and my mum wouldn't let me go to the lane on my own

but i enjoyed it that much i wanted to go more than my brothers and since then i've always liked to see Wednesday do well

except on Derby day LOL

Martin

• 8 months later...
Never understood this football thing. People can get soooo uptight about it too!

United and Wednesday are both Sheffield teams, so shouldn't everyone support both? If not....why?

Remember...it's just a game!!!!

Simple, Sheffield United kicked first-class cricket out of Bramall Lane in 1973. I've heard many say it should have been the oher way round!

Archived