I support United AND Wednesday

glaham

I have been a Man Utd fan since 1968 (ducks to avoid the flak), but as a Sheffield lad my ideal premiership table would be:

1 - Man Utd

2 - Wednesday

3 - The Blades

4 - Rotherham

5 - Doncaster

6 - Barnsley

and the bottom 3

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelski

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

You can support both! I am a true blue and went to my first match at Hillsborough aged 4 and a half on my own (can you believe that now!). I started going to Bramall Lane with a mate just to take the p**s and he came to Hillsborough to do the same but after a time we both ended up wanting each others team to win. It was still "deadly" rivalry on the few occasions we happened to be in the same league. Isn't life FUNNY!!!

Never understood this football thing. People can get soooo uptight about it too!

United and Wednesday are both Sheffield teams, so shouldn't everyone support both? If not....why?

Remember...it's just a game!!!!

ah, but, ceevee, there's a quote, from the late, great "Saint Bill of Shankly"

which goes:-

"football is not a matter of life and death, I can assure you, it's far mre important than that!"

PT

ah, but, ceevee, there's a quote, from the late, great "Saint Bill of Shankly"

which goes:-

"football is not a matter of life and death, I can assure you, it's far mre important than that!"

PT

I transpose another quote he once said of Liverpool: "There are two teams in Sheffield; Wednesday and Wednesday reserves!"

I despair of all you people. How can you make jokes about someone who says he supports both Wednesday and that other team? Isn't it obvious he needs help. Many years ago I went to see a famous goalkeeper at the other team's place of w**k (he was well known for being able to hurl the ball over the halfway line) this is the first time I've admitted it and believe me it took some doing. Mind you, I used to go to watch the cricket, but thats different.

Archived