I support United AND Wednesday

glaham

To support both teams was quite common, a lot of people used to go to see united one week, and wednesday the other, i think the fact its £25.00 stopped a lot of this..............Now they just watch Wednesday

Going back to the 60's, before the advent of local radio and teletext etc., if the two clubs were playing on the same occasions, one went to the other ground to keep a check on your particular team's progress when they were playing away. They did this via the scoreboard as the score was relayed every 15 minutes. I remember the old scoreboard at Bramall Lane in front of the cricket pavilion, it had a 'red' indicator and a 'white' indicator. Sometimes the numbers' man would try a 'wind-up' by putting the 1-0 the wrong way round!

What's going on,are you sure there are two Sheffield teams,what did you say their name is,Wednesday,bloody 'ell,we learn something every day. Sheffield Wednesday,funny name,are you sure? Which division do they play in?

I thought the heading should have been, "I support United on Wednesday".

Isn't it amazing how threads can change. We start off with a perfectly innocent thread about someone with a mental problem that makes them believe there are 2 teams in Sheffield worth supporting, and it very quickly turns into a slanging match between supporters of the super Owls and that other mob. Lets get back on topic. I'd suggest that Glaham's problems are due to his date of birth but mines exactly the same (although a few years earlier) and I've turned out allright, qweeeeek, nurg, morning doctor, glaglagla, thessssssik.

Archived