Turncoat Clegg He is now a Bride not a Bridesmaid

What a spoilt little child Nick Clegg is he has sold out, people who voted LD's will be upset. If those who voted for LD's now get the Cons, God help us

I voted Lib Dems and I advise you read the policy document released today. There are some key policies locked down in there that I think many Lib Dem voters will approve of.

I'm especially pleased that Vince Cable has been given an excellent position in the new cabinet.

Why can't we just wait and see? I think this was a positive step forward and as a Lib Dem voter I think this could lay good grounding for future elections for a true progressive majority.

look people who voted lib dems knew tthat it was going to be labour on conservatives labour wasnt going to get enough votes or the cons they knew the score . calling nick clegg a judas is so childish why because he either got in labour or conservatives to me its the labour supporters that mardy that he didnt go with them .

What a spoilt little child Nick Clegg is he has sold out, people who voted LD's will be upset. If those who voted for LD's now get the Cons, God help us

Clegg was pretty clear in his promise to support the party with most votes. I'm a Labour voter but am getting concerned at the vitriol being heaped on the Lib Dems.

Anyone with any sense knew that the Lib Dems would not get the majority of the votes & be able to form a government.

We voted Lib Dem to reduce the Tory votes & Labour votes so that Nick Clegg would be strong enough to exert some influence on the government of this country.

That is exactly what has happened, so we voted correctly and got the correct result.

The voting system will almost certainly be changed before the next election making it fairer than it was before and Clegg now has a say in the policies which Cameron passes - If Clegg hadn't helped form this coalition, this wouldn't have happened and we would be back with Labour or Conservatives doing as they pleased.

This is exactly what happened. Its a pity that some people are unable to see that.

I voted Lib Dems and I advise you read the policy document released today. There are some key policies locked down in there that I think many Lib Dem voters will approve of.

I'm especially pleased that Vince Cable has been given an excellent position in the new cabinet.

Why can't we just wait and see? I think this was a positive step forward and as a Lib Dem voter I think this could lay good grounding for future elections for a true progressive majority.

I think and hope that this will change the way we do politics in the future. I think it is a turning point and hope that we can never go back to the way we did politics in the past.

The coalition must be a progressive Govt.We at least have captured the interest now of the people. Lets hope that we build on this and that we particularly engage young people in the future.

As for Turncoat Clegg, that cannot be further from the truth. Nick Clegg has stuck to his word and, as he announced, talked to the party who had the biggest number of seats.In some peoples eyes, he will be dammed if he does and dammed if he does , but he is a genuine guy and is true to his word. Dont believe everything you read in the newspapers. It changes remember according to which newspaper you buy:suspect:

Sheesh, he had to side with one or the other. Best of a bad lot IMHO. If he had sided with Labour there still would be threads complaining.

Perhaps now people will push for Proportional Representation, at least that way your vote will really count.

I can think of so many scenarios where no political reform will happen.

Number 1: Sure they seem to love each other at the moment and yes the referendum on AV has been promised. But more 'important' issues will have to be dealt with first. It gets to year 3 of the parliament and the Lib Dems are not seen to be performing well. The Tory spin machine goes into overdrive and the media portrays Cameron as the caring partner indulging Clegg, his difficult and obstinate wife. The opinion polls start to show a poor level of support for the Lib Dems. The relationship breaks down and bang - snap election. Liberals come nowhere and we end up with the two party system entrenched forever.

Archived