How would you spend JSA if you had to claim it

If I was on JSA I assume I'd get other things that go along with it, because once the mortgage and council tax is paid there wouldn't be anything else left for food, utilities etc.

I already live on a really tight budget, so I'm not sure that means tested benefit with all of the extra help that comes along with it would really be an issue to me. I wouldn't even have to pay for my prescriptions!

If I was on JSA I assume I'd get other things that go along with it, because once the mortgage and council tax is paid there wouldn't be anything else left for food, utilities etc.

I already live on a really tight budget, so I'm not sure that means tested benefit with all of the extra help that comes along with it would really be an issue to me. I wouldn't even have to pay for my prescriptions!

Ours isn't as tight as all that, but I think the same holds. After we've paid rent and council tax, we don't have all that much more than £65 a week to live on anyway. We'd probably have to give up the internet, and my wife would have to get used to eating Asda Value brands of certain things where, currently, we spend a bit extra to get a name brand she likes.

If this hypothetical situation includes losing my wife's DLA, then we'd also lose the car for which it pays, of course.

It wouldn't cover our rent, but I'm assuming if we were claiming JSA we'd also get full housing and council tax benefit?

If you have any savings then you get JSA for 6 months because you have contributed into the system but you won't get any council tax benefit or any other assistance. After 6 months you get nowt!

Archived