How would you spend JSA if you had to claim it

How would you spend your JSA if you claimed it?

In scenarios A and B.

A; JSA of £51.85 per week.

B; JSA of £65.45 per week.

I have no idea, that doesn't even cover my food bill for the week, let alone everything else!

If you have any savings then you get JSA for 6 months because you have contributed into the system but you won't get any council tax benefit or any other assistance. After 6 months you get nowt!

But if you have savings, you don't need Government money. You can use the savings to keep yourself alive. When they run out, you will get benefits.

But if you have savings, you don't need Government money. You can use the savings to keep yourself alive. When they run out, you will get benefits.

I think it is a good idea to give someone six months to try and get back into work without having to spend all their savings. If they get back into work then they will be paying tax again and if they don't they'll have to live off their savings.

I think it is a good idea to give someone six months to try and get back into work without having to spend all their savings. If they get back into work then they will be paying tax again and if they don't they'll have to live off their savings.

It should be a good idea, but the Law of Unintended Consequences leads to a very nasty outcome. People who don't ever bother to save, but instead spend all their money on booze, drugs and prostitutes (and waste the rest :hihi:) get lots of Government help; people who are responsible and put aside for future problems, do not.

In effect, such a policy is an encouragement to not provide for your own future. I'm not sure how you get round this problem; after all, some people who have no savings have not wasted all their spare income, but never had any.

It should be a good idea, but the Law of Unintended Consequences leads to a very nasty outcome. People who don't ever bother to save, but instead spend all their money on booze, drugs and prostitutes (and waste the rest :hihi:) get lots of Government help; people who are responsible and put aside for future problems, do not.

In effect, such a policy is an encouragement to not provide for your own future. I'm not sure how you get round this problem; after all, some people who have no savings have not wasted all their spare income, but never had any.

Just goes to show your better off spending every spare penny on crack and expensive hookers!

Just goes to show your better off spending every spare penny on crack and expensive hookers!

If you like expensive hookers and crack, with cheap hookers and cannabis, you'd get more bang for your buck :hihi:

Get an attractive man drunk enough to sleep with me. Hang on, I'd need a bit more than that......:rant::rant::rant:

Ah, but you only have to get him drunk enough to persuade him that he should buy the rest of the drinks. Then he'll get himself drunk enough to sleep with you!

Archived