David Miliband announces candidacy for Labour leadership

I'd be happy to see Milliband as PM at some future point, purely because of the apoplexy it would cause certain people to see a Jewish man in charge of the country :hihi:

Are you reading this BritPat or hitman2010 or whatever your frigging username is today?

last boundary review favoured the Tories. Not by all that much, but it is believed the changes gifted them about 10-12 seats last week, compared to what they would have got under the 2005 boundaries.

right here, Sheffield Central nearly got prised from Labour's grasp, purely because boundary changes in the last review favoured the Liberals. In every other Lib-Lab marginal in the north apart from Redcar, the Labour vote held up well, and they even took Rochdale off the Liberals.

most parliamentary constituencies are about the same size anyway. There's only a relatively few that stand out as very large or very small.

however they want to change the boundaries, they'll surely have to still have to have seats that reflect the character of the divisions. Sheffield seats will surely have to be in Sheffield, not partly in Sheffield and partly in Rotherham. The public wouldn't want it any other way. The Isle of Wight will throw a fit if they try to split it in half, with one seat all on the island, and the other one with some wards on the island, and some on the mainland. Even though it's the largest of all the parliamentary seats, the people that live there want to be represented as a single unit, even if it means that technically they're underrepresented in parliament.

I'd be happy to see Milliband as PM at some future point, purely because of the apoplexy it would cause certain people to see a Jewish man in charge of the country :hihi:

Are you reading this BritPat or hitman2010 or whatever your frigging username is today?

Imagine the Zionist conspiracy theories they'd be banging on about :)

I'd be happy to see Milliband as PM at some future point, purely because of the apoplexy it would cause certain people to see a Jewish man in charge of the country :hihi: Are you reading this BritPat or hitman2010 or whatever your frigging username is today?
I don't suppose anyone even knew that, and why would they care anyway? I'm always a bit suspicious of people who bring things up under the guise of false solicitude for what other people might think of it ... :suspect:

*marks Teafan's card as a closet anti-semite*

Dont matter if he's Jewish does it?. What matters is that he's capable of doing the job.

Anyway he's got five years to reinvigorate the Labour Party so that will keep him busy.

If he became PM he wouldn't be the first Jewish PM anyway. Benjamin Disraeli although a convert to the Christian faith was essentially the first and judging from history he didn't do a bad job either

I don't suppose anyone even knew that, and why would they care anyway? I'm always a bit suspicious of people who bring things up under the guise of false solicitude for what other people might think of it ... :suspect:

*marks Teafan's card as a closet anti-semite*

Well you can unmark it, I'm about as anti-anti-semite as they come. I was just thinking back to BritPat's description of Milliband as 'Israeli', which of course he isn't, it was just Jew-hater's code for Jew. We've had some others on here before as well, such as angle20. Good riddance to 'em.

It is odd, as where Shahid Malik lost his seat in Dewsbury, the new boundaries brought in the rural farming and wealthy hinterlands of the Tory part of West Yorkshire, Huddersfield. This gifted the tories another seat.

I hadn't realised they were Jewish, not that it makes the slightest difference.

Dont matter if he's Jewish does it?. What matters is that he's capable of doing the job.

Anyway he's got five years to reinvigorate the Labour Party so that will keep him busy.

If he became PM he wouldn't be the first Jewish PM anyway. Benjamin Disraeli although a convert to the Christian faith was essentially the first and judging from history he didn't do a bad job either

Interesting post. That will be five years unless there is a 55% vote of no confidence!!!

Archived