Good cook books (on a budget!)

Can anyone recommend a good cook book for healthy, family recipes on a budget?

I am facing redundancy and will need to cut back a bit on shopping. I thought it would be an ideal time to learn to cook healthy meals from scratch but need them to be cheapish.

I have had a quick look in waterstones but its a minefield of celeb books with crazy numbers of wierd and wonderful ingredients!

I have a hungry husband and 2 boys aged 7 years and 7 months so want to be able to cook meals to suit all of us.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm the same with libraries :blush: - love to browse and take books, but too much hassle to get them back! Another book that was recently recommended to me was Nigel Slater's 30 Minute Cook Book. I'm yet to get it for myself, but the reviews look very good, so I probably will. Good luck and have fun cooking!

Poundland at crystal peaks (the one near wilkinsons) had a good cookery book on their shelves the other day - didn't look at it properly, but it was designed for low-cholestoral recipes - might be worth a look - and a bargain price at only £1!

Archived