Venue needed for funeral meal near to Grenoside

My beloved husband died suddenly and unexpectedly on Monday aged 51 and I am trying to arrange his funeral. We have decided to have the cremation at Grenoside crematorium, but I need somewhere to have a buffet afterwards. I have looked at the cafe on site, but I am not too keen, and I have looked at the Cow and Calf, but would like suggestions for any other venues within reasonable travelling distance. Price is an issue, so it needs to be reasonable.

Sorry to hear of your loss

Just a suggestion

Ask the funeral Director

I used John Fairest and they were superb but if you want a more informal venue I would think the director would have a good idea of local venues.

My beloved husband died suddenly and unexpectedly on Monday aged 51 and I am trying to arrange his funeral. We have decided to have the cremation at Grenoside crematorium, but I need somewhere to have a buffet afterwards. I have looked at the cafe on site, but I am not too keen, and I have looked at the Cow and Calf, but would like suggestions for any other venues within reasonable travelling distance. Price is an issue, so it needs to be reasonable.

I was so sorry to hear of Philips death I saw it on the Indexers site today.

We went to Fairests on Halifax road for the reception after my fathers funeral.

Have you thought of the club on The Drive, or Niagara ?

Always remember the good times, Phil.

Thanks Tigerfan, we have already asked the Co-op to do the funeral, but I will ask them if they know any venues when they come today.

Medusa - I will have a look at the Old Harrow, thanks for the suggestion.

Harvey19 - thank you for your thoughts, I will see what his mum and brother think about the Niagara or the Drive, do you know if they charge for the room, or just so much per head?

Jane 2008, thank you for your condolences, he was a lovely gentle man and will be so much missed.

Hi, condolences for your loss, I was wondering whether the Crown and Cushion pub in Chapeltown would be any good for your buffet, they charge per head and have a variety of options for a buffet, http://crownandcushionpub.com/gallery.html

if the link works??? you should get all the info you need on the page.

They cater for funerals regularly and are a really lovely bunch of people. Kindest regards, squeezy.

Harvey19 - thank you for your thoughts, I will see what his mum and brother think about the Niagara or the Drive, do you know if they charge for the room, or just so much per head?

Hi Janet, sorry I do not know how they charge. Phil.

Archived