Have the Tories already reneged on the National Insurance rise?

No. They are favouring those who make money from employing others, at the expense of the rest of us. Simple as that.

if they put up the tax on us the employer...then i would think twice about giving someone a job....i tell the lads that the pillar of society a student...thinks that is unfair when if you had your way i'd be showing one or two of them the door...nice one

But that's not the 'the rest of us' is it? I think you're just parroting the mindless rhetoric churned out by the Labour apparatchiks.

If you'd been complaining about employers paying low wages so that 'the rest of us' are subsidising them by paying working tax credits to their employees, I'd agree with you. It's not an ideal situation but better than having people sitting around on the dole, because they can't afford to work.

I'm not sure about the NI contribution yet. We need to see how it's going to work in practice, before we start whinging.

Maybe not ALL of us, but certainly most of us. Most people work for someone else and pay tax and NI

As for waiting "to see how it's going to work in practice," - what is that supposed to mean? There are no practicalities to consider - the rate goes up, we pay more. That's all there is to see.

if they put up the tax on us the employer...then i would think twice about giving someone a job....i tell the lads that the pillar of society a student...thinks that is unfair when if you had your way i'd be showing one or two of them the door...nice one

So, if you had to pay a few pounds a week more for your employees then you would have to lay people off?

Are your profits that low?

Maybe you need a new business plan if things are that tight.

And I am no more a student, than you are a large mound at one end of the hallowed turf.

By making the first £10k of everybodys earnings tax free?

Nick Clegg said this was supposed to help the lower paid - fair enough, but it actually helps everyone who pays tax. And at a time when the government is having to make cuts in public services, which are accessed more by the less well off, is it not a bit pointless.

I also notice the similarities with 1979/80 - cut income tax, raise VAT, con people into thinking that they have more choice what to do with their money.

Nick Clegg said this was supposed to help the lower paid - fair enough, but it actually helps everyone who pays tax. And at a time when the government is having to make cuts in public services, which are accessed more by the less well off, is it not a bit pointless.

I also notice the similarities with 1979/80 - cut income tax, raise VAT, con people into thinking that they have more choice what to do with their money.

Ying and Yang my friend, Ying and Yang. Changes to tax might often be of little net difference, they're just targeted in order to promote the aims of the government of the day, social engineering with money if you will.

Ying and Yang my friend, Ying and Yang. Changes to tax might often be of little net difference, they're just targeted in order to promote the aims of the government of the day, social engineering with money if you will.

And the aims of this government are quite clear. Cut the size of the state. Cut the numbers of people employed by the state. Cut the services that are currently provided by the state. Cut the tax burden of those who are able to generate their own wealth.

It wont surprise you to hear that I think these are unfair, but I also think they are wrong for the country at this time. The private sector is not yet in a position to stand on it's own two feet (maybe it never will be again, given the world situation as it is) and the imposition of extra public service cuts will do nothing for the confidence in the economy.

Archived