Recommend a Pie selling Pub in or around Sheffield

InTheUK

I am part of a group of cyclists who go on informal weekly rides during british summer time (ha). This year we've decided to give the rides a purpose, that being to stop off at a different pub each week and eat Pie. So far we've had some very nice home cooked examples, this week as good as any so far at the Nags Head Inn, Loxley.

So we've got a list (of sorts) for a handful more weeks. We're hoping that the local knowledge on SF can add a few more - we're looking for pubs a little way out of Sheffield so the round trip from sheffield centre is 20ish miles.

So any suggestions gratefully received. Also, anyone wanting to come along see the first link in my sig...

Ed

Waggon and Horses in Millhouses. And believe it or not, the best steak pie I ever had was from a pub called The Stag, down Psalter Lane. You really wouldnt have thought it, but its changed hands recently. Went the other night. Theres nothing worse than digging into a pie and just finding gravy. This was solid moist meat, and it just dissolved on your tongue.

Archived