Housing Association etc. Application Renewals

All of a sudden, Housing Associations are sending out letters asking people if they want to remain on the register for housing. The letters say, they will ask this every 6 months, if they do not receive a reply, you will be removed from the list for housing.

Why are they starting to do this now? What is the point?

How much money must they be wasting!

To me it just seems that they are trying to reduce the waiting lists, so the situation does not look as bad as it is.

They have not asked me once in 5 years, and now multiple HA's all ask at the same time. What a joke.

I've been waiting 5 years, bidding every week, and not a single offer. They should be asking every 20-25 years if you want to remain on the register, they can't house you within a 5 year frame yet expect to ask you every 6 months if you still want rehousing!

The costs involved of asking everyone must be ridiculous and the processing of said information even more so. They should be firing office staff and building homes with the money saved. :rant:

We always had to re confirm every 6 months here as well. Eventually got a place three years ago after about 6 years waiting. I just sent the same letter with the new date on.

Archived