Why do poor people keep voting Labour..

The Lib party is doomed, swallowed up by the Con, many a Lab voter that trusted Lib will be horrified, if you wanted Con but didn’t have the conviction to vote for them I can see how you may be mildly pleased.

That would be less people horrified than if the Libs had formed a coalition with labour though.

The Lib party is doomed, swallowed up by the Con, many a Lab voter that trusted Lib will be horrified, if you wanted Con but didn’t have the conviction to vote for them I can see how you may be mildly pleased.

Just noticed this bit, haha you are amusing. In conclusion your comments suggest:

If you voted libdem you are actually a labour voter that tactically voted to keep the tories out

If you voted libdem and are happy with their decision you are actually a tory voter in disguise

Apparently there is no room for a libdem voter!

I think the answer to the OP is clear. Poor people are thick or they would be rich.

You can expect thick people to vote for that bunch of cretins called the Labour party.

I'm with John Stuart Mill on this one. In his letter to Sir John Pakington Mill wrote:

I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative.

Have you read the Daily Mail? Quod erat demonstrandum. :hihi:

I think the answer to the OP is clear. Poor people are thick or they would be rich.

You can expect thick people to vote for that bunch of cretins called the Labour party.

can i have some of what your on?

You’ve got it as we will find out next time when they are returned to a “also ran “party again.

God no wonder all the labour supporters are miffed, they only narrowly beat an "also ran" party and currently have less power than them. Now I understand all the anger:hihi:

... Is it helpful to think of relative poverty?

Yes, as relative poverty can be linked to disposable income.

For example, there is a sense of unease that a category of hard working folk are losing out in the rates of pay that they receive (and thus how much of their taxed income they are left with to spend) compared to high earners.

The new coalition government are apparently proposing that no-one employed in the public sector (e.g., civil service, local government, NHS - but not the BBC) should earn more than twenty times the income of the lowest paid in such sectors.

There is also a sense of moral outrage in the country that the banks, having been bailed out by the goverment, are now returning to paying exhorbitant bonuses to their staff - and the new government are looking at ways of addressing this issue.

The new goverment will also be looking at ways of tackling extreme poverty - though we await any firm proposals at this moment in time.

Why is any of this important though? Well, a country in which the extremes of relative poverty are minimised, and in which the extremes of high income and wealth distribution are also reduced, is usually a more settled and prosperous society - such as in various Scandinavian countries.

Yes, as relative poverty can be linked to disposable income.

For example, there is a sense of unease that a category of hard working folk are losing out in the rates of pay that they receive (and thus how much of their taxed income they are left with to spend) compared to high earners.

The new coalition government are apparently proposing that no-one employed in the public sector (e.g., civil service, local government, NHS - but not the BBC) should earn more than twenty times the income of the lowest paid in such sectors.

There is also a sense of moral outrage in the country that the banks, having been bailed out by the goverment, are now returning to paying exhorbitant bonuses to their staff - and the new government are looking at ways of addressing this issue.

The new goverment will also be looking at ways of tackling extreme poverty - though we await any firm proposals at this moment in time.

Why is any of this important though? Well, a country in which the extremes of relative poverty are minimised, and in which the extremes of high income and wealth distribution are also reduced, is usually a more settled and prosperous society - such as in various Scandinavian countries.

Which makes talking about the wealth gap useful, but using the term poverty to describe the relatively poor is just misleading.

Archived