One in seven schoolchildren don't speak English as a first language

Are you ok?

The point i am making is that England is becoming unhealthy when school pupils in towns like Reading speak 127 different languages between them, and probably not great English.

So we're basing our paranoia on your 'probably' now.

Do you have any actual figures about how many of the multi lingual children don't speak fluent English?

So we're basing our paranoia on your 'probably' now.

Do you have any actual figures about how many of the multi lingual children don't speak fluent English?

No he hasn't got any figures on that, but isn't the insinuation they are foreign and inferior enough for you? Why do you have to make trouble for the OP by questioning? Don't you know that is unpatriotic and probably against the rules of the ice age community of Britain?:rant:

No he hasn't got any figures on that, but isn't the insinuation they are foreign and inferior enough for you? Why do you have to make trouble for the OP by questioning? Don't you know that is unpatriotic and probably against the rules of the ice age community of Britain?:rant:

You mean hairy all over and 2 yellow tusks for teeth? I thought they were extinct? :hihi:

No, he didn't - he was trying to ferment resentment and racial unrest in his usual tiresome fashion.

One in seven kids in schools don't have English as their first language. An issue for the schools they're taught in, but hardly worth getting paranoid about.

He wasn't trying to ferment resentment or racial unrest....he was highlighting the fact that the Labour immigration policy has led us down a path that has caused problems that could have been avoided....

Any unrest is in this fact only, and if you see racial unrest arising why might this be?

he was highlighting the fact that the Labour immigration policy has led us down a path that has caused problems that could have been avoided....

Surely the only way to avoid people having English as a second language is to only allow English speakers to emigrate here. Doesn't that kinda go against the general ideas of immigration?

I don't agree it's racist, for white people can have other languages as English. The insinuation is stupid though, for it is a skill that can be learnt. If the OP was "one in seven schoolchildren cannot be arsed to learn English" then we'd have a whole new discussion on our hands.

Always the same.

Someone raises a valid point re the essential use of English in a mainly English speaking country.

Then lo and behold the same people slither out and start causing trouble.They are so predictable they are becoming quite tiresome,

1)Halibut -

2)Meltbell -

2)cyclone -

Good riddance Labour...this is largley down to them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1278130/English-language-ONE-MILLION-schoolchildren.html

From the article:

"Nearly one in seven school children do not speak English as their first language, official figures released today show.

Including state primary, secondary and special schools in England, 14 per cent of pupils speak another language at home, according to the Department for Education.

The data reveals a picture of a changing Britain and shows the challenge faced by many schools where they have to integrate "

I like the noises that the Conservatives are making on

these issues:

Introduce a clear strategy for national integration to build a stronger and more united society;

Make English a priority for all communities by redirecting some of the money the Government currently spends on translation into additional English classes...

A story in the Daily Mail does not count as evidence.

Surely the only way to avoid people having English as a second language is to only allow English speakers to emigrate here. Doesn't that kinda go against the general ideas of immigration?

I was kinda thinking that immigration numbers as a whole should have been lower.

If the headline was "One in Seven School Children are Australian", then whilst there would be some differences, I would be thinking "why and how have so many come here"??

I know I have posted this on another thread...and I know people will shoot me down for this, but the following article explains a lot about my concerns on immigration policy:

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/columnists/Bill-Carmichael-Labour39s-lies-over.6106878.jp

Archived