Very very rough draft

Kaimani

I agree with everyone else, if you use Quote marks e.g. A "words and stuff" poem it would probably flow a lot nicer.

The first poem was definitely better, i think the second seemed a bit rushed and incomplete. While the first is just... Fantastic, it really drove to my heart and I really felt for the character, Which i don't do often =P

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Kaimani

I showed your poem to my daughter and, like me, she loved it and really felt for Anna.

She is going to take it to college with her and show it to her year tutor if that is ok with you. She says all the productions for this year are already set but that it could be something they would consider for next academic year.

Are you happy for her to take it to college?

MiS

yeah yeah. that's fine. no problem at all. not a great poet so i don't the pieces are ever going to go far which is why if anyone thinks they can do something with the work i'm more than happy for them to even have copyright.

• 3 weeks later...

Kaimani ... hi!

Love you first draft! The way you have 'poem' on every line shows a sense of anger which isn't normally assosciated with the word 'poem' - I think it's clever!

I'm not very good at writing so I'll give you an analogy;

I bought a Harley Davidson V-Rod in 2002. It was a brand new model and very raw in its design ... It was beautiful!

However Harley Davidson decided to 'improve' it in later models.This totally wrecked the original concept.

Instead of being a sleek chrome and aluminium machine it was painted and mucked about with to the point of becoming a parody and just another motorbike.

I think that sometimes the initial concept works much better than a refined version.

Your revised version has lost the edge in my opinion and I'd stick to the original. You seem a gifted writer (the reason why I'm replying) ... wish I could come up with ideas like that!

Good luck;

alco :)

Archived