Why do men like to wear scruffy clothes?

When we go out to a restaurant my OH likes nothing better than to wear an ancient blue cotton shirt that has faded like a pair of old jeans, and will match it up with an equally battered pair of Chinos. At the same time he insists that I wear something smart. His friends seem to dress the same.

What is it about men and worn out clothes?:huh:

When we go out to a restaurant my OH likes nothing better than to wear an ancient blue cotton shirt that has faded like a pair of old jeans, and will match it up with an equally battered pair of Chinos. At the same time he insists that I wear something smart. His friends seem to dress the same.

Sounds absolutely awful and i'm surprised the "restaurant" allows him on their premises, dump him and get someone cleaner with better friends and a touch more style :gag::gag::gag:

Sorry but I must say that its not all men its a majority.

When I go out to a restaurant I make lots of effort I don't insist that the OH does but she does anyway.

I'm a real clean freak so worn out clothes are a NO GO for me.

I think its simply that some people feel more comfortable in there scruffs.

Fashion is a tightrope. It's tempting to just go with what you know. I think men, like a lot of women, just like to feel comfortable and "themselves" in what they wear, which is important.

There is a kind of "scruffy" that would be considered "hobo chic". Perhaps he's trying to accomplish that.

I don't mind whacking on a shirt (as long as its black!), but collars make me fidgety for some reason. Can't beat a tee and jeans, and a nice but casual jacket. And no bright colours either!! I'm dull as dishwater and I'm not going to overcompensate for that!

I don't understand this sudden change in public opinion.

Some blokes, me included can make clothes look scruffy. None of my clothes are more than about a year old except for a few leather coats and the newest is under a fortnight old and I wear them and still manage to look rough in them.

I used to own a suit, a very expensive suit and anyone wearing it would look great.

I managed to look like a Guy Fawkes after it had been dragged through several hedges then wee-weed on by a horse.

Some people simply look like unmade beds and I`m one of `em. As a kid I remember my mother yelling each Whitsuntide that I `Looked like a sack O spuds tied up int middle wi string!`.

Archived