Why do men like to wear scruffy clothes?

When we go out to a restaurant my OH likes nothing better than to wear an ancient blue cotton shirt that has faded like a pair of old jeans, and will match it up with an equally battered pair of Chinos. At the same time he insists that I wear something smart. His friends seem to dress the same.

What is it about men and worn out clothes?:huh:

My bold

I can't see any problem in him going out scruffy, if he's comfortable with that look, but he's got a bloody cheek telling you what to wear!! You should have exactly the same choice as him and wear what you want to.

My bold

I can't see any problem in him going out scruffy, if he's comfortable with that look, but he's got a bloody cheek telling you what to wear!! You should have exactly the same choice as him and wear what you want to.

In a nutshell.

Why is it important? Who are we doing all this for - ourselves or other people?

I was thinking the same thing. People should be able to wear what they want, within reason.

Personally, I live in my scruffs and I am not ashamed to say it. I am comfortable and it's me. I do occasionally tidy myself up for important functions such as weddings and the occasional meal, but I don't go overboard with the latter. Neat jeans, t-shirt, plain black jacket and swap the trainers for shoes is my usual semi formal attire.

Erm, I will get tonnes of requests on the singles thread after this :D

I was thinking the same thing. People should be able to wear what they want, within reason.

Personally, I live in my scruffs and I am not ashamed to say it. I am comfortable and it's me. I do occasionally tidy myself up for important functions such as weddings and the occasional meal, but I don't go overboard with the latter. Neat jeans, t-shirt, plain black jacket and swap the trainers for shoes is my usual semi formal attire.

Jeans, tee, jacket is just a combo you can't go wrong with.

When I was in my teens, I went through that typical "mustn't look like anyone else" phase. Now it doesn't really bother me. There's a reason, beyond fashion (I think), why nearly every guy you see outside work is wearing jeans and tee. Some things are rationally conformist.

When we go out to a restaurant my OH likes nothing better than to wear an ancient blue cotton shirt that has faded like a pair of old jeans, and will match it up with an equally battered pair of Chinos. At the same time he insists that I wear something smart. His friends seem to dress the same.

What is it about men and worn out clothes?:huh:

The thing is old looking clothes have all come back into fashion. Ive seen new clothes in the shops, that have been "aged" to look more trendy. Faded denim is all in fashion, and the "unshaved" look.

Look at David Beckham. He always looks as though hes got old clothes on when they are probably new.

Us ladies all like a bit of rough dont we ?:)

The thing is old looking clothes have all come back into fashion. Ive seen new clothes in the shops, that have been "aged" to look more trendy. Faded denim is all in fashion, and the "unshaved" look.

Look at David Beckham. He always looks as though hes got old clothes on when they are probably new.

Us ladies all like a bit of rough dont we ?:)

so would you date compo [ him of last of the summer wine] hes a ruff un.:hihi:

Archived