Why do men like to wear scruffy clothes?

Yep, start running mate.:hihi:

For you Patty I will slow down every now and then ;) You know you want a man that can make your life into an orgasmic mix of wit and gastronomy along with the Dirk Bogart looks... You know you want me... :hihi::hihi:

For you Patty I will slow down every now and then ;) You know you want a man that can make your life into an orgasmic mix of wit and gastronomy along with the Dirk Bogart looks... You know you want me... :hihi::hihi:

Scruffy bugger..... he-he....

Make it George Clooney looks wilt tha ?:roll:

The thing is old looking clothes have all come back into fashion. Ive seen new clothes in the shops, that have been "aged" to look more trendy. Faded denim is all in fashion, and the "unshaved" look.

Look at David Beckham. He always looks as though hes got old clothes on when they are probably new.

Us ladies all like a bit of rough dont we ?:)

You have probably hit it about right. He likes clothes that are worn in; not dirty, not full of holes. He would happily send all new clothes out to the third world and pay someone to wear them for 6 months to get them into shape for him. Perhaps I am just old fashioned but I prefer smart casual to casual casual.

My bloke is much smarter than me! He would wear a nice new shirt whereas I just wear the same old jeans and tshirt. I don't care about clothes whatsoever and hate clothes shopping with a passion. Much prefer spending money on my car or similar :)

Just on a (semi) serious note, I think sometimes when one has had a busy week at work dressing up for social stuff just seems too bloody hard!

I do love clothes, but on the (thankfully few :roll:) occasions I've been stuck on a train for most of the working week, got home very late and left very early, for the weekend there is NO way I'm wearing anything other than Converse and cords and a white shirt. Possibly even a hoodie :help:

I don't look dirty (well, maybe :suspect:), but definitely not as dressed up as I could be. It's kind of an emotional comfort thing as well - if I've been forced to look and act grown up and professional for a long period of time I want to feel like a casual youngish person again for a bit.

Many of the junior doctors I've known have been some of the scruffiest people imaginable out of work (bless them :)).

Just on a (semi) serious note, I think sometimes when one has had a busy week at work dressing up for social stuff just seems too bloody hard!

I do love clothes, but on the (thankfully few :roll:) occasions I've been stuck on a train for most of the working week, got home very late and left very early, for the weekend there is NO way I'm wearing anything other than Converse and cords and a white shirt. Possibly even a hoodie :help:

I don't look dirty (well, maybe :suspect:), but definitely not as dressed up as I could be. It's kind of an emotional comfort thing as well - if I've been forced to look and act grown up and professional for a long period of time I want to feel like a casual youngish person again for a bit.

Many of the junior doctors I've known have been some of the scruffiest people imaginable out of work (bless them :)).

Ill second that about doctors as my brother in law was one. Its strange isnt it that men dont seem to polish their shoes now.Must be, because they wear trainers.

My dad had a jumper... well it was once a jumper in the end it resembled a string vest it had welding burns on it, paint, oil, grease you name it it was most likely on it, the said jumper was originally from Marks and Spencer he would refer to it as his "best Jumper". Mum tried to bin it once, he dug it back out. It did not serve any purpose, the holes were so big you could see more of the shirt underneath more than anything else. He wore it with his deer stalker, this also had oil, paint, weld splashes on it and was once pinched by one of the dogs and was chewed up.... yup he still wore it. He'd go to the shop in them visit people to give quotes etc etc. He looked like a tramp.

When he died I kept them, I could not throw them away, they are in a box. It was like throwing him away to get rid.

In fairness tho when he was going for a pint, to the hospital or any appointment he was one of the smartest men I have ever seen, Trickers polished within an inch of their life, cavalry twill trousers, shirt, tie and Harris Tweed or Bladen Jacket and his trilby, Beard trimmed, nails clipped and clean He was like two different men!

Gosh I really miss him!

Ill second that about doctors as my brother in law was one. Its strange isnt it that men dont seem to polish their shoes now.Must be, because they wear trainers.

I think I'm the only woman I know who polishes their shoes, but to be fair I walk so much that I'm probably the only woman I know who needs to! :)

It's quite interesting how we used to associate "smart" dressing with a certain social status and income level (i.e. a man in a nice suit had a professional job and a man in more casual gear would be at the bottom of the work ladder) but now it's all changing.

Archived