Why do men like to wear scruffy clothes?

My dad had a jumper... well it was once a jumper in the end it resembled a string vest it had welding burns on it, paint, oil, grease you name it it was most likely on it, the said jumper was originally from Marks and Spencer he would refer to it as his "best Jumper". Mum tried to bin it once, he dug it back out. It did not serve any purpose, the holes were so big you could see more of the shirt underneath more than anything else. He wore it with his deer stalker, this also had oil, paint, weld splashes on it and was once pinched by one of the dogs and was chewed up.... yup he still wore it. He'd go to the shop in them visit people to give quotes etc etc. He looked like a tramp.

When he died I kept them, I could not throw them away, they are in a box. It was like throwing him away to get rid.

In fairness tho when he was going for a pint, to the hospital or any appointment he was one of the smartest men I have ever seen, Trickers polished within an inch of their life, cavalry twill trousers, shirt, tie and Harris Tweed or Bladen Jacket and his trilby, Beard trimmed, nails clipped and clean He was like two different men!

Gosh I really miss him!

This brings memories back of my dad who was the local Bookmaker. He looked like Errol Flynn. He was 6ft 2inch with a small moustache which he used to blacken with mascara before going out. I also miss him! Memories of dads, yeh ?:)

This brings memories back of my dad who was the local Bookmaker. He looked like Errol Flynn. He was 6ft 2inch with a small moustache which he used to blacken with mascara before going out. I also miss him! Memories of dads, yeh ?:)

Yeah! lots of memories! He lost most of his beard thru Chemo' and when it grew back it was patchy, grey here brown there black somewhere else,he bought some just for men to even it up, fell asleep with it on, woke up 2 hours later and it was almost black! I have never laughed so much, his hair was very light brown, people kept asking what had happened and he insisted it had always been that colour! Men!:hihi:

I think I'm the only woman I know who polishes their shoes, but to be fair I walk so much that I'm probably the only woman I know who needs to! :)

It's quite interesting how we used to associate "smart" dressing with a certain social status and income level (i.e. a man in a nice suit had a professional job and a man in more casual gear would be at the bottom of the work ladder) but now it's all changing.

You are the ONLY woman I know who polishes their shoes.!!

Yes, Id never thought of mens dress code and social status before. The only men I knew were steelworkers who wore flat caps, trousers with braces, and striped shirts on with no collars.

Guys can look great with some good jeans, a nice jacket and some quality boots with a bit of stubble but jeans with their pants sticking out the back, dirty old pumps, creased sweaty shirt and bed -head, how on earth do they get a Woman to look at them??

Beggars belief.

Must be some desparate females out their....

Yeah! lots of memories! He lost most of his beard thru Chemo' and when it grew back it was patchy, grey here brown there black somewhere else,he bought some just for men to even it up, fell asleep with it on, woke up 2 hours later and it was almost black! I have never laughed so much, his hair was very light brown, people kept asking what had happened and he insisted it had always been that colour! Men!:hihi:

Gi oer, that making me cry now with memories of our dads.:)

Guys can look great with some good jeans, a nice jacket and some quality boots with a bit of stubble but jeans with their pants sticking out the back, dirty old pumps, creased sweaty shirt and bed -head, how on earth do they get a Woman to look at them??

Beggars belief.

Jeans must be the greatest item of clothing ever invented. A CLEAN faded pair of jeans, with an open necked white shirt looks great on a man.

Beggars belief.

I think if you are really into someone as a person you don't really notice stuff like that - I suspect dressing like that in the first place wouldn't get you a first date but when it's your bloke and you are getting on fine, unless they are wearing something terrible like a Liverpool shirt they're just cute no matter what :love::love:

(Then you stop getting on, and you start looking for things to pick on them about. EVERYTHING they do is just wrong :confused:)

I think if you are really into someone as a person you don't really notice stuff like that - I suspect dressing like that in the first place wouldn't get you a first date but when it's your bloke and you are getting on fine, unless they are wearing something terrible like a Liverpool shirt they're just cute no matter what :love::love:

(Then you stop getting on, and you start looking for things to pick on them about. EVERYTHING they do is just wrong :confused:)

Yep, that handsome guy you fell in love with is now a fat, unshaven, beer swilling, couch potatoe.:roll:

Archived