Why do men like to wear scruffy clothes?

Never happened with me Patty. They generally start off as fat, unshaven, beer swilling couch potatoes and stay that way. Cut out the middle stage :).

Yep, a guy like that once asked me "What would I have to give you for one little kiss ?" I said " Chloroform!" :)

Yep, a guy like that once asked me "What would I have to give you for one little kiss ?" I said " Chloroform!" :)

such a clever response, and yet you never questioned the assumption of a transaction that underlies the question ...

Every species has one gender which tends to use visual display to attract the other gender. In most animals it's the male that displays - think of birds, it's nearly always the male that has the colours and the big, cumbersome feathers. The females tend to be dull so they blend it when they sit on the nest.

Humans are unusual in that the gender that attracts a mate by physical display is the female - or certainly we have evolved that way. We have such a complex society now that it's not that simple (so please, don't flood me with posts about being sexist - I make no judgement of either gender, and certainly not of individuals) but I would suggest that is certainly the way we have evolved.

[flak jacket on]

That poor man's heart. First clogged up by his overindulgence in pie, beer and sitting, thence impaled upon the sharp wit of a cruel temptress.

:shakes:

Just on a (semi) serious note, I think sometimes when one has had a busy week at work dressing up for social stuff just seems too bloody hard!

You may well have hit the nail on the head here. My OH spends his day wearing a smart suit with a tie and can't wait to get into something comfortable. I spend my day in loose tops and jeggins and like to glam up a bit when we go out.

At least at the wedding I prized him out of his faded jeans and a Def Leppard T-shirt:hihi:

such a clever response, and yet you never questioned the assumption of a transaction that underlies the question ...

Every species has one gender which tends to use visual display to attract the other gender. In most animals it's the male that displays - think of birds, it's nearly always the male that has the colours and the big, cumbersome feathers. The females tend to be dull so they blend it when they sit on the nest.

Humans are unusual in that the gender that attracts a mate by physical display is the female - or certainly we have evolved that way. We have such a complex society now that it's not that simple (so please, don't flood me with posts about being sexist - I make no judgement of either gender, and certainly not of individuals) but I would suggest that is certainly the way we have evolved.

[flak jacket on]

Hmmmm, I'm not too sure its the females. I think its a bit of both, maybe even more so the males.

Archived