Gangsters

sporaboy

Originally posted by owdlad

You young oik. The PF was the best club in town at that time, so it wouldn't have allowed such uncouth louts as yourself in, it only allowed people of a certain social standing to become members, so the rif raf were sent packing to other lower class establishents. The beer was a bit like all town pubs/clubs though, it saved you putting your fingers down your throat :gag:

but where was it? am i right in thinking it was beside the hoffenbrau (sp)

Originally posted by kirky

but where was it? am i right in thinking it was beside the hoffenbrau (sp)

Oh aye I forgot (it's my age) your right it was next door to the Hofbrau :thumbsup: now that German stuff in there was powerful falling down juice :wow:

Oh aye I forgot (it's my age) your right it was next door to the Hofbrau :thumbsup: now that German stuff in there was powerful falling down juice :wow:

my uncle was the manager there....good job he had left by the time i started going to the strippers on a sat afternoon:D :D mi owd ma would have gid me a reet hidin:hihi:

Originally posted by kirky

my uncle was the manager there....good job he had left by the time i started going to the strippers on a sat afternoon:D :D mi owd ma would have gid me a reet hidin:hihi:

What did they call him ? although I never sank as low as watching the strippers ( well I didn't realise they were on) I can remember the big bloke on the door called Bill who looked a bit like Kenny Rodgers, and a lovely looking lass called Wendy who worked behind the bar.:razz:

Uncle Sams? - couple of pints in The Nursery, then into uncle Sams for burger or chicken in a basket - music by bands i had never heard of , gorgeous ladies from the teacher training college - some of Sheffields posers came and went, but still was a cool place to be.

Scoffers on West Street? - was that the place that did the Barnsley Chop? - I think I am a bit of a trencher man but those things laid me out.

I have a faded memory of a fast food chain restaurant at the top of Fargate roughly where the entrance to Orchard Square is. It was called the Golden Egg and again the faded memory of it is brightly colored plastic seating and plastic potted plants.

This wasn't a dream was it???

What did they call him ? although I never sank as low as watching the strippers ( well I didn't realise they were on) I can remember the big bloke on the door called Bill who looked a bit like Kenny Rodgers, and a lovely looking lass called Wendy who worked behind the bar.:razz:

his name was pete..the big bloke later worked in the cannon down stairs bar

Archived