Sacked within 4 weeks any rights?

right here goes my gf started a job at 8 weeks pregnant for a nannying company which placed her for a lady in doncaster. now the lady was informed by nanny agency bout pregnacy and she still agreed to take her on. it was around 5 weeks spread through middle april to may n payable monthly. the lady agreed to match her current wage of £900 per month n also chip in towards petrol. now after 5 weeks shes not been paid so my gf tried contacting the lady n was ignored n must made 20-30 calls n voicemails to be texted back its being transferred to her bank all this without even a wage slip. anyway next day gf rang her bank money not in n bank said no pending payment so gf went to house for her money after a discussion n being promised its been transferred gf was given £400 cash n told to give it her back once money tranferred in next day. then still next day no money so i went to the lady after being ignored again only to be goiven a cheq for another £105 n a written a4 paper explaining her payment break down which i assume shes given as a wage slip as still no printed wage slip.. not the nanny agaency sent out a cointract to the lady which she didnt go through r get my gf to sign also theres no term n conditions. but the lady has also paid my gf short by £500 as verbally agreed but not taken any ni or tax n said shed to declare it herself as she didnt have her ni details handy? and she had also deducted some monies from her wages for a first aid course the lady put her on without notifying her she would have to pay it my gf was under imp[ression it was part the employmentetc. and also the wriiten break down given informed my gf she wouldnt be requiring her service again.

we are lookign at a tribunal n cab reckon there a case so just curious to any advice as being sacked n not having printed wgae slips etc or tax n ni insiurance deduction done surely is breaking law . and also the lady said she'd had time off which was due to her pregnanxcy scans which the lady was made aware of before employment began.

i'm thinking shes breaking the law and my gf's having micheal took

To bill the individual, would your girlfriend not have to be self employed or either have the nannying company billing the third party? Just sounds like complete hassle having to do all the set up if you're hiring a nanny.

As an aside, punctuation, line breaks, entire words and spell check are your friend. That's almost unreadable.

Yes more paragraph breaks would be helpful but let's lay off the sniping folks.

Glitzy, from your description it sound like your GF is owed money by the employment agency. That would be usual in these situations and she should have more luck chasing them for the money. It doesn't matter if they have been paid or not by their client (ie the lady your GF was working with).

Your GF is entitled to time off pro-rata and I'm not sure if she should be paying for her own health and safety courses either. She must make sure that the tax and NI is paid and if necessary she can speak to her local HMRC tax office so that they know she has no liability.

The GF in question is myself. I was taken on by the lady and not the agency. I was asked by the lady if I wanted to go PAYE or self employed, for which I opted PAYE as it is easier for me.

The lady asked me what my previous wage was, and I confirmed this to her. She confirmed that I would earn the equivalent to my previous wage plus money for any milage done whilst her daughter was in my care.

As it is child care, she can claim money back from the goverment, this is why she asked me to fill in a time sheet.

I provided her with all my NI details and bank details in plenty of time for her to process them. (She has her own beauty salon, so I was supposedly PAYE under that). The only thing I didn't give her was my tax code as I've misplaced it.

It seems odd how she was so certain that I'd been paid, yet avoided all of my calls and I had to go to her house to speak to her.

Surely her taking me on whilst pregnant and then firing me and leaving me with money to find, is against the law? Also... I'm not sure if it was mentioned that she fired me by text message!!!

Archived