Getting Married in a Church - Please Read!!

Not jumping on your back but just responding to what you put. I just don't generally agree with people keeping up with the joneses and having the church wedding when they don't go any other time. I find it selfish.

Why selfish?

I dont think that by wanting to get married in a church, when you do not attend on say a sunday... is selfish in the slightest!! In fact i think it is nice when two people want to celebrate how much they love each other, by gettin married before god.

i am not religious in the slightest but when i get married it will be in a church, or a chapel.

:D xxx

Are you old enough to get married? Have you considered the 'implications' of marriage or do you just want a nice day out? Have you actually got anyone in mind as my schedule is a bit hectic over the next few weeks but if you are a 'looker' I might be able to accommodate you for some market testing.

Why selfish?

Well they want to use the church. They want to have the fantastic photos in the church grounds and in tjis case they want it for next to nothing and then that's it. They don't want to go on Sundays and show support they rarely attend if ever after the wedding until the day they want their child christening. That's why I find it selfish.

What the hell are you on about!!! I love my partner very much and we have been together for two years happily with a 11 month old daughter. Im 22 and have known people YOUNGER than be get married and last for years and years and are still together now! What the hell has age got to do with getting maried!!!

well said!!! :D

i dont think age has anything to do with marriage. as long as you are happy and are in a stable relationship etc then why bother with age.. isnt it all supposed to be about how you feel about each other?? xxx

Well they want to use the church. They want to have the fantastic photos in the church grounds and in tjis case they want it for next to nothing and then that's it. They don't want to go on Sundays and show support they rarely attend if ever after the wedding until the day they want their child christening. That's why I find it selfish.

I dont want my child christening she can decide what religion she wants to follow when she is older why should I force ANY religion upon her...so in order to get married in a church a spiritual place where it feels more than right to get married i have to be devoted to religion and attend every sunday!!!

Relax, people are just trying to wind you up. Follow the advice of the nicer people and ring round a few churches. If you want to get married in a church what does it matter if you're not religious, nobody expects you to be political if you get married in the Town Hall.

It's your day, and your future husband's, so take the opportunity to have a really nice day and if you want to save a few pounds on the way that can only be a good thing.

Good luck from a 30 year veteran.

What the hell are you on about!!! I love my partner very much and we have been together for two years happily with a 11 month old daughter. Im 22 and have known people YOUNGER than be get married and last for years and years and are still together now! What the hell has age got to do with getting maried!!!

So why do you want to get married now? It will end in tears.

Archived