Getting Married in a Church - Please Read!!

I cannot believe the rudeness of some of the people on here, and we wonder why people fight about religion.... The churches are not just there for the people who attend weekly, you do not buy a membership card, they are there for everyone in the community. If the Vicar doesn't have a problem about people who don't attend all the time getting married in a place of their choice why should you??

And to be fair most churches charge around £450/£500 to perform the ceremony (I know because I'm getting married next year). Without this money do you really think half of the churches would be able to survive??

FallenAngel6, I hope you find the perfect place for your wedding and if you do get it cheaper all the better, please don't be put off by some of the replies on this thread..

This thread is making me chuckle!

I have to say that I agree with Starlet in every way about the church wedding...I haven't been to church unless it was a school thing, someones wedding or christening. I am not religious so therefore I got married in a hotel. How can I start my marriage as a lie (i.e. in the eyes of god when I don't beleive in god)

On to age...I was just turned 20 when I got married and so far we are fine :) (although it will be only 6 years in November) :)

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot believe some of the posts on here?!

At the end of the day, how, when, where and why people get married is entirely up to them. Everyone has their own views and own ways of doing things and as long as its not breaking the law or hurting anyone else, then why not?! So if you want to get married in a church for whatever reason, go for it!

We are planning on getting married next year and have both agreed that we'd like to have a church wedding. For us it is tradition and for us it is the right way, the proper way. The sense of occassion, the full ceremony, the beautiful setting...

For some getting married in church is as much a tradition as the bride wearing white, the father walking her down the aisle, and the best man doing a speech - none of these are essential for a wedding but all are traditional.

And like I said, when it comes to it, its up to the individuals - getting married in church is not right or wrong, not hypocrytical, not a lie - its just someones choice.

Now come on, this should be a happy thread - we're talking weddings here! Lets not spoil anyones special day...

Archived