Hed Kandi @ Gatecrasher

deanz

Hi all please could somebody help me out, iam coming to Sheffield on Saturday 3rd September for the Hed Kandi @ Gatecrasher night, does the club operate a no trainers policy, or any other dress code.

Also whats the best bars to hit as i am from Grimsby

Thanks guys see ya

Deano

Originally posted by deanz

Hi all please could somebody help me out, iam coming to Sheffield on Saturday 3rd September for the Hed Kandi @ Gatecrasher night, does the club operate a no trainers policy, or any other dress code.

Also whats the best bars to hit as i am from Grimsby

Thanks guys see ya

Deano

Hey deanz, good to meet ya, am a fellow Mariner by birth, moved out here over a decade ago (thank f#@$!)so consider meself a local now.

As for your bars, just head to the top of West street on the tram and start up there at S1 or so, you can pretty much move down west st then heading back towards town, cut down one of the side streets to division st and check out Forum bar then Halcyon, Crystal bar after that then you'll either wanna taxi it down to the club or head down to Bar Matrix which is on the walking route if you n your mates are up for the mission! Now when you're at Matrix, you might be tempted to cross the road and check out Empire Bar, don't! You'll only be disappointed!

Have a good night n me n my mates might see ya out n about or even at the club!

Us Grimbarians are all over the country - you can't move for mariners in Sheffield! The best bit of advice I can give to someone worrying about a dress code is: don't dress like a nobhead and you'll be fine.

All the "sports" fashion that costs a fortune and makes you look cheap is a no no. Leave your logos at home cos they don't like that down at platesmasher. Actually last time I was there I was dressed as Michael Myers from Hallowe'en and my friends were dressed as Marilyn Monroe, one in a 70s pimping suit and the other as Spiderman and we had no problems.

Hope this helps you. I'm hoping to start a comedy night back in Cleethorpes soon so keep reading the Telegraph for more details.

PS Takapuna is a really cool bar to visit while you're in Sheffield. It's right near City Hall on West St and not too far from GC1.

Guys

Thankyou all for your comments, made things alot clearer.

Got the tickets sorted outfit ready cant wait to meet some of Sheffield's finest, hope to see some of you guys at Hed Kandi cant wait celebrating me birthday.

Congrats to you guys who have broken away from this dingy little town.

Just one more thing people, cheap hotels any ideas? Roughly about 10 of us coming down male and female.

Thanks again people.

Deano

Last Hed Kandi was really busy!!! I reckon about 1600+. Was a really good night. Music was awesome and the girls, sorry ladies, were mighty fine!

Defo one of the best nights out in Sheff!

I agree with the dude above, Takapuna is quite a cool bar too. I'd personnaly miss the Halcyon, but Forum and Crystal are cool too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived