Homophobe Equalities Minister

Where is all this gay bashing and homophobia going on that people keep talking about ?

I don't see it, it's hype and bull, I have lived for 50 years in this city and I have ventured to pubs, clubs, football matches, I went to schools with people of different ethnicity I have been to different countries, yet I have never seen anyone beaten up or even assaulted for being gay, queer, bent or whatever. The only people who claim all this goes on, must spend all their lives on the computer or reading media propaganda !

Oh so you would go into any pub in sheffield with your arm around another guy? with no worries at all?

Oh so you would go into any pub in sheffield with your arm around another guy? with no worries at all?

Your missing the point, and thriving on hype, tell me how many homophobic beatings you have seen, it must be quite a lot for you to form an opinion that it is common, or perhaps they were beating themselves up !

All I can say is if you were a gay person would you feel comfortable holding hands with your partner and walking down the street in all parts of sheffield?

Someones sexuality might not be a problem for you but many people inexplicably still feel the need to go around beating people up because of it.

As MichaelW says where does this happen ? I personally cannot remember the last report of any gay-bashing in the community i know it was a trait of the original late 60's early 70's skinheads along with hippy bashing and **** bashing but Iv heard very little since then.

You need to get out more and stop reading the hype and bull stuff, the coppers are probably trying to justify something with their statistics..it's usually the case...now how many gay people have you seen beaten up from behind your keyboard ?

Where is all this gay bashing and homophobia going on that people keep talking about ?

I don't see it, it's hype and bull, I have lived for 50 years in this city and I have ventured to pubs, clubs, football matches, I went to schools with people of different ethnicity I have been to different countries, yet I have never seen anyone beaten up or even assaulted for being gay, queer, bent or whatever. The only people who claim all this goes on, must spend all their lives on the computer or reading media propaganda !

Or subscribe to 'Renta Campaign Inc':loopy:

Yes, indeed, it is so sad for people to wish not to be discriminated against.:rolleyes:

I am not being funny but how in your opinion are homosexual people being discriminated against.

A group of us were out one night, some knew each other and others were strangers. One couple were homosexual but the strangers were not aware of the fact. During a conversation one of the strangers in innocence made a remark to one of the homosexuals about gays. Most of the group went quiet but the homosexual guy doubled up with laughter. That man did more for gay rights than any campaigns.

...now how many gay people have you seen beaten up from behind your keyboard ?

I've seen quite a few people with smiles on their faces asked "What are you laughing at?" and then get thumped but I've never seen a homosexual or lesbian thumped for being AC/DC.

I am not being funny but how in your opinion are homosexual people being discriminated against.

A group of us were out one night, some knew each other and others were strangers. One couple were homosexual but the strangers were not aware of the fact. During a conversation one of the strangers in innocence made a remark to one of the homosexuals about gays. Most of the group went quiet but the homosexual guy doubled up with laughter. That man did more for gay rights than any campaigns.

From hearing about the experiences of my gay friends, seeing the bullying that goes on in schools where kids are perceived to be gay. Whether this couple happened to find this remark amusing is hardly the point, many don't and are subjected to harassment on a regular basis.

Archived