Homophobe Equalities Minister

From hearing about the experiences of my gay friends, seeing the bullying that goes on in schools where kids are perceived to be gay. Whether this couple happened to find this remark amusing is hardly the point, many don't and are subjected to harassment on a regular basis.

So you see bullying in schools, have you done anything about it ?, Is it just gays that are bullied at school, or do schoolkids tend to bully whoever they decide to pick on, regardless of sxual persuasion ?

Just for the record, and to feed my growing victim complex -Over the years I have been beaten, threatened, abused and spat at for being gay. I am straight. it's not a lot of fun.

Tshombe, Michealw et al - Being the butt of crass jokes and your schoolboy tittering, let alone violent assault at the hands of others, is no laughing matter.

To the homosexuality is not natural crew, tell that to the gay sheep (http://endo.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/145/2/478) , dogs, ducks and primates recorded by science.

For a start that's a 12 months old report ,its very easy to start pigeon holing crimes and labelling them as anti this and anti that it tends to aid the police in their clear up numbers ..no arrests put it down to anti gays or whatever ,that will deflect the flak from us...and people still fall for it ,thats been going on for years,they even used the Ripper as an excuse for the non arrests in sex crimes before they caught him.

Just for the record, and to feed my growing victim complex -Over the years I have been beaten, threatened, abused and spat at for being gay. I am straight. it's not a lot of fun.

Tshombe, Michealw et al - Being the butt of crass jokes and your schoolboy tittering, let alone violent assault at the hands of others, is no laughing matter.

To the homosexuality is not natural crew, tell that to the gay sheep (http://endo.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/145/2/478) , dogs, ducks and primates recorded by science.

So why are you a spot ball for being gay when you are straight ..I dont understand that.

Whether this couple happened to find this remark amusing is hardly the point,

I am sorry but this is the point. The homosexuals I know are accepted and just get on with their lives.

The title of this thread diplays where a goverment minister was labeled for expressing views others did not agree with. Not a way to create cohesion surely.

My view of society is that there are 2 types of people regardless of colour, religion, or sexuality. That is sociable and anti social people.

And it is worth observing people get picked out because of their behaviour not necessarily their sexuality.

You have not answered any yourself :thumbsup:

Yes I have personal experience of gay bashing and violence against gay people, that is all I am willing to say on a public forum. I wouldn't be arguing that it exists if I hadn't.

Now kindly tell me whether you would be comfortable walking round all? most? parts of sheffield hand in hand with another fella, and if there are any public houses you wouldn't go in.

People from all walks of life have those experiences, so what makes people think you are gay if your not.....oh and my opinion has been formed over many years..regardless of your personal experiences, I have never seen anyone beaten up or threatened for being gay :thumbsup:

Yes I have personal experience of gay bashing and violence against gay people, that is all I am willing to say on a public forum. I wouldn't be arguing that it exists if I hadn't.

Now kindly tell me whether you would be comfortable walking round all? most? parts of sheffield hand in hand with another fella, and if there are any public houses you wouldn't go in.

How the hell can I answer that, I'm straight, I feel uncomfortable holding the wifes hand....give me strength :confused:

All 'hate crimes' have "increased". The government had an active agenda of increasing the reporting of hate crime, setting up hate crime courts and launching initiatives encouraging the reporting of hate crime.

When does a crime become a hate crime? Are some crimes falsely reported as hate crime?

Statistics should be taken with a pinch of salt. The level of crime may remain the same, just the way of reporting changing.

Archived