Homophobe Equalities Minister

Yes I have personal experience of gay bashing and violence against gay people, that is all I am willing to say on a public forum. I wouldn't be arguing that it exists if I hadn't.

I am truly sorry this has happened to you but realistically people get assaulted for all sorts of reasons or no reason at all. Very sad but true.

Such cases should be reported to the police and dealt with as assaults.

Now kindly tell me whether you would be comfortable walking round all? most? parts of sheffield hand in hand with another fella, and if there are any public houses you wouldn't go in.

You act in a way that is appropriate to the circumstances.

Michealw - I have never seen someone eaten by a lion, but I do suspect it happens.

Precisely, maybe not quite the comparison you need but never the less true, how often does it happen ? How much is exagerated hype ?

What makes these attackers think i am gay? I don't really know.

A scapegoating attitude? Small minded attitudes looking to vent frustration on a particular minority they won't begin to attempt to empathise with?

A powerful sense of moral righteousness? Cleaning up the streets? Christian outrage?

Battyman goggles on? My braces, chaps and peaked leather cap? My heavy moustache? My fondness for YMCA?

or just kn*bs shouting homophobic insults as they beat someone up?

Harvey19 - what do you mean 'act in a way that is appropriate'?

For a heterosexual couple holding hands in the street is quite appropriate, why not the same for a homosexual couple? Or, in your view, is homosexuality simply inappropriate?

You act in a way that is appropriate to the circumstances.

Oh I seeeeee. One shouldn't expect to be able to walk around in public holding hands with ones partner. Then if you get beat up its your own fault.

Sorry I was mistaken. Gay rights have gone too far.

Oh I seeeeee. One shouldn't expect to be able to walk around in public holding hands with ones partner. Then if you get beat up its your own fault.

Sorry I was mistaken. Gay rights have gone too far.

We all have to act in a way that is appropriate to the circumstances we are in in all situations. If you act in a way that is unacceptable to others you are being provocative. And I am not only referring to homosexuals.

You seem to have ignored the other part of my quote

What makes these attackers think i am gay? I don't really know.

A scapegoating attitude? Small minded attitudes looking to vent frustration on a particular minority they won't begin to attempt to empathise with?

A powerful sense of moral righteousness? Cleaning up the streets? Christian outrage?

Battyman goggles on? My braces, chaps and peaked leather cap? My heavy moustache? My fondness for YMCA?

or just kn*bs shouting homophobic insults as they beat someone up?

But why are you recognised as one of the minority..there has to be something amiss somewhere...you dont have sideburns and wear a dress do you ,I know that happens theres a tranny in Falmouth like that..laugh a minute he/she is

Noddy, as before, i simply do not know. I have been egged from a moving car to the charming sound of homophobic insults, at the time i was with my girlfriend. I don't dress in an effeminate manner. I have normal hair. Should i have been wearing the stereotyped leathe cap - would I have been asking for it? Is that what you are getting at?

Archived