Homophobe Equalities Minister

We were able to laugh at Bernard Manning sometimes.

We discussed all sorts of things more openly without looking over our shoulders and labels being dished out. People have always had different views on aspects of life but were not branded as belonging to a certain group

just because they did not agree with another persons viewpoint.

We discussed all sorts of things more openly without looking over our shoulders and labels being dished out. People have always had different views on aspects of life but were not branded as belonging to a certain group

just because they did not agree with another persons viewpoint.

Maybe because most minorities accepted their fate...It isn't the case any more. Minorities are fighting back? Bit like the wimp landing one on the nose of the bully, and the bully cries.

I have no problem treating gay people fairly, but I don't like effeminate gay men or butch lesbians, I think the TV series 'Shameless' is good but I think there is too much 'bumming' shown on it, those are my opinions, so can I be Minister for Equalities or am I too homophobic ?

How do you figure that?

Is it illegal to:

(a)intentionally promote heterosexuality or publish material with the intention of promoting heterosexuality

(b)promote the teaching in any maintained school of the acceptability of heterosexuality as a pretended family relationship.

In schools?

It's not is it, then on possible "equality" grounds do you claim that homosexuality specifically should be singled out in the way you demand?

I don't think homosexuality should be promoted, however it is not an issue of equality (that's treating people equal/not discriminating against them). It isn't illegal to promote heterosexuality, however, I don't think it should be a part of the curriculum, nor should the promotion of homosexuality. Let children make up their own choices.

Maybe because most minorities accepted their fate...It isn't the case any more. Minorities are fighting back? Bit like the wimp landing one on the nose of the bully, and the bully cries.

My point was, and I may not have been clear, is that people were tret as individuals and no labelled as members of a group.

I don't think homosexuality should be promoted, however it is not an issue of equality (that's treating people equal/not discriminating against them). It isn't illegal to promote heterosexuality, however, I don't think it should be a part of the curriculum, nor should the promotion of homosexuality. Let children make up their own choices.

But why do you specifically call for homosexuality to be singled out as something which shouldn't be promoted?

What counts as promoting homosexuality (or any kind of sexuality) anyway?

• If schools respond to homophobic bullying by teaching "there is nothing wrong with being homosexual" is that promoting homosexuality?
  • If schools put adolescents who are experiencing sexual attraction to those of the same gender in contact with non-judgemental counselling services is that promoting homosexuality?
  • If schools mention same sex attraction in sex ed as something some students are likely to experience and say that this is perfectly natural & no more or less moral than opposite sex attraction is that promoting homosexuality?
  • If any educational materials acknowledge the fact that homosexuals exist in all walks of life & even in families is that promoting homosexuality?

To many homophobes simply acknowledging that homosexuality exists, there's nothing wrogn with it & equipping students to handle this fact counts as 'promoting homosexuality", that is what section 28 was meant to stop. Why else do you think it so insultingly referred to homosexual families as a "pretended family relationship"?

Archived