Does SF help to form your views?

Does SF help to form your views or does it make you more intransigent?

I enjoy hearing what other people think and while I have some deeply held convictions on some things it is enlightening to hear other peoples positions and opinions and the situations that they are in.

I think SF helps to reinforce my views rather than change them. There are a few very bright people on SF, even one's that I'm poles apart with. I'm not impressed with rigidity...never have been.

It's an extension of the conversations I have in day to day life. I'll often put out an opinion (controversial or not) and the responses to that from other forum users help me weigh up and balance my views.

Talking on SF is great because there's a vast array of different people from different backgrounds here. In day to day life, it's difficult to find that.

I do notice that I've developed a tendency to argue with people who don't care about my opinion, I don't care about theirs and there isn't the slightest possibility of changing their mind or mine

bit silly really :blush:

I think this sums it up perfectly http://xkcd.com/386/

Does SF help to form your views or does it make you more intransigent?

I enjoy hearing what other people think and while I have some deeply held convictions on some things it is enlightening to hear other peoples positions and opinions and the situations that they are in.

I like to read posts that are opposite to my way of thinking, but in no way do they change my opinion...in fact after reading them they just make things harder to side with them.

I like to read posts that are opposite to my way of thinking, but in no way do they change my opinion...in fact after reading them they just make things harder to side with them.

..dont we know :hihi:

Archived