Does SF help to form your views?

I read others posts and base my judgement on them but it never makes me think other than I do ?? Why should it ?

Blind leading the blind springs to mind :huh:

Because sometimes you might learn something? There are loads of knowledgeable people who post on SF, its a great place for general info, stuff about Sheffield, and general discussions. I never want to stop learning and understanding, and I certainly don't hold the same opinions on everything that I did when I was younger. I'm much more tolerant of others for starters.

Except of course when they're wrong. ;)

Because sometimes you might learn something? There are loads of knowledgeable people who post on SF, its a great place for general info, stuff about Sheffield, and general discussions. I never want to stop learning and understanding, and I certainly don't hold the same opinions on everything that I did when I was younger. I'm much more tolerant of others for starters.

Except of course when they're wrong. ;)

I think I love you Ms Macbeth :love::love::hihi:

It helps me to reinforce my opinions as sometimes I read what people say and I can sometimes agree with them, but some of the comments I read quote things that are simply not true, though that is what they believe to be true.

However, if you know yourself that what they say is simply not true, then it just reinforces what I already believe.

It helps me to reinforce my opinions as sometimes I read what people say and I can sometimes agree with them, but some of the comments I read quote things that are simply not true, though that is what they believe to be true.

However, if you know yourself that what they say is simply not true, then it just reinforces what I already believe.

Amen sandall ;)

Well it's certainly taught me to have an enduring 'affection' for old biddy ex pats who live in America ;)

Don't try sucking up Kinte, you've still got to use the back door when you visit me :mad:

Some people like playing devil's advocate, and some just go all out with saying stuff they don't really believe - which sort of make it fun trying to figure out and to catch people out. It's a bit like a computer game in a way. But most people on here sound as if they should have ulcers - so stressed at every comment that goes against their point of view.

What I read does not alter my views on such as religion, but I have been swayed somewhat by political threads, and seeing the posts of those who are pro-immigration has made me more anti-immigration.

Seems the know it alls on here pick and choose definitions and terminology to suit their side of an argument, and when that fails they just spend ever post asking for proof of this and proof of that - delightful when they know there can be no real proof, as with faith.

In a way SF strenthens ones beliefs and convictions. But overall - I think it's a place to hang out when there is nothing better to do.

the only thing that bothers me about the s.f.is when people give the impression they alone know the answer to all the problems of the day.now me i am not to clever but just try my best to give a honest opinion,if i had the intelligance and brilliance of some posters on here by gum i would be off down london to make my fortune.

Archived