Proposals for a new Tesco in Halfway

The Halfway area is a prime example of how not to live your life.

I live in an area of Le Marche in Italy. A large village roughly the same size as Halfway, where incidentally I used to live.

We have beautiful countryside and the nearest 'big' supermarkets is 20 miles away. We walk to our shops on foot. We buy our bread from our local bakers, meat from our local butchers, our household items are purchased from a small local shop, we grow our own vegetables and do not expect to be able to buy things out of season. We get our cheese from our local farmer and wine from our local vineyard.

Everyone here is beautiful and happy. Children play in the street and lorries are unheard of.

If a company like Tesco wanted to build a supermarket here there would be a riot. It would destroy the place. Tear it apart.

I pity you all. I really do. Ugly towns, ugly way to live your life.

And the saddest thing is? You could have chosen to live like us but you chose greed and laziness instead.

Even sadder? You mock those who recognise the idiocy of building more supermarkets next to ones already there!

Stay in Italy and live you perfect life then :roll:

Any properties with a Tesco in their back garden are less desirable on the open market than properties without a Tesco in their back garden...mmm which one would you choose?!!! So those who are happy with the proposed development and are staying in their properties will hopefully not feel the effect of devaluation as it won't matter. Its those who are looking to move who will feel the drop. It won't create 500 jobs - and it'll be a nightmare for the area but we will have to come back to this discussion in a year's time and see who got it right. Just can't see the point. Morrisons, Sainsburys', Coop, Iceland, Tescos at Clowne - oh and they do online delivery in case someone is so Tesco devoted...

Any properties with a Tesco in their back garden are less desirable on the open market than properties without a Tesco in their back garden...mmm which one would you choose?!!! So those who are happy with the proposed development and are staying in their properties will hopefully not feel the effect of devaluation as it won't matter. Its those who are looking to move who will feel the drop. It won't create 500 jobs - and it'll be a nightmare for the area but we will have to come back to this discussion in a year's time and see who got it right. Just can't see the point. Morrisons, Sainsburys', Coop, Iceland, Tescos at Clowne - oh and they do online delivery in case someone is so Tesco devoted...

There will be distance between the new Tesco and the houses already there wont they? i wont be happy if they took my fence down and put a trolley bay in my back garden! :rant:

There will be distance between the new Tesco and the houses already there wont they? i wont be happy if they took my fence down and put a trolley bay in my back garden! :rant:

No, but the noise from early and late deliveries could be an issue

No, but the noise from early and late deliveries could be an issue

I know morrisons when i start working there when it was first opened, had consideration for the people of the area and kept noise to a minumum, im sure that they will do so also, the last thing any company would want to do is to upset local residents.

I know morrisons when i start working there when it was first opened, had consideration for the people of the area and kept noise to a minumum, im sure that they will do so also, the last thing any company would want to do is to upset local residents.

Great - I'll not be upset if you don't build a Tesco - there you go!!!

Great - I'll not be upset if you don't build a Tesco - there you go!!!

Great, well lets see what happens then!

They dont go out of there way to cause trouble and noise pollution is what i was getting at, i will be upset if we dont get a tesco, as we will get something else built on the land instead!

id rather have a tesco that industrail units or more houses.

supermarket madness.....it will be the demise of us all.................home grown and home made.....it the only way....

sadly the 1940's have passed us by, most couples both work, and gone are the days the wife stays at home looks after the kids and makes home made food from scratch.

Most people dont have the time, space or ability to grow their own vegetables and fruit.

Dont blame the supermarket, most people would rather buy a frozen/fresh chicken now rather than breed their own and prepare it for tea.

I overheard a conversation by a library staff member and council official at Crystal Peaks Library that the access to the proposed new Tesco store would be through the Heathlands estate, down Deepwell and not as you'd imagine from the bottom roundabout at Lavers/Morrisons.

Something to do with South Yorks and NE Derbyshire planning applications about two stores in such close proximity in the same county. This would be obviously of major concern for residents of Oxclose. Anybody else heard anything?

Archived