Proposals for a new Tesco in Halfway

hi my names liam i live in halfway, i have for years and to start off i havnt read every post on this topic but there is one thing i feel i need to point out which could probably be the biggest issue about tesco building where it wants to build....

if your from this end you will know what i am talking about when i talk about traffic that already exists when trying to either access morrisons or basically cross the round about at the top of the hill... FACT- rush hour at about 5pm on that main road is a complete nightmare you have people trying to get to eckington you have people trying to come from eckington back into sheffield, you have people shopping at morrissons and people trying to get home to the estate next to the shopping centre .. anyway what am trying to point out is if tesco go building there centre and use the same access as morrissons its going to cause alot more traffic and thats last thing that is needed the que to get to the round about already trails back to the tram stop.. so overall i love the jobs being created but i think its a bad idea

Master Jedi - if you have the opportunity - please get a valuation of your house now and then in another year and we'll see how the property is desirable. It's funny that when I watch Location Location Location and all the other property programs - noone ever suggests that properties with Tescos, Morrisons and whatever else in their back garden are desirable...Mmmm Property Advert - 3 bed semi-detached in lovely Halfway area, front driveway, entrance hall, 3 good size bedrooms. Garden consists of paved area, with decking and a lovely view of Tescos delivery bay...impossible to get to the property in Peak Times due to traffic but at least you can buy your pork pies and lenor at 3am in the morning. Offers around £...a hell of a lot less that it's worth this year....Mmm will wait to see that one.

I don't need a valuation Liose , as I'm not moving anywhere , I'm staying right where i am . I'm looking forward to getting a new Tesco's , hopefully being built opposite my home . I don't have much time to watch TV as I'm busy trying to earn a decent wage to support my children , then i like to spend what time i have with them and not vegetating out in front of the TV watching property programs like some people do . Like i have said before Liose , i would like it built , and you don't , like i have said before , it's just another case of having to agree to disagree .

I don't need a valuation Liose , as I'm not moving anywhere , I'm staying right where i am . I'm looking forward to getting a new Tesco's , hopefully being built opposite my home . I don't have much time to watch TV as I'm busy trying to earn a decent wage to support my children , then i like to spend what time i have with them and not vegetating out in front of the TV watching property programs like some people do . Like i have said before Liose , i would like it built , and you don't , like i have said before , it's just another case of having to agree to disagree .

Thank you Master Jedi...you appear to assume I don't work to support my children and just sit in front of my tv vegetating because I watch property programs!!! Nice assumption!

The point was - you appear to think having a tesco will add value to your home.

My point was - let's see if that happens..and prove it with a proper valuation.

Hey ho - we'll agree to disagree - I'm now going to sit and watch TV and line up my Monday programs...Jeremy Kyle and Loose Women I think.

Tesco will be built. It's a shame but it's a done deal. All the consultation and "getting resident's views" is an absolute pile of tosh. The proof will be in another year or so when residents are having to queue an hour to get to their properties 500metres away because the infrastructure of the area is not sufficient to cope with one - let alone two supermarkets.

Since he's referring to the value of the hosue to him, and not the potential sale price, that would be particularly useless.

Thank you Master Jedi...you appear to assume I don't work to support my children and just sit in front of my tv vegetating because I watch property programs!!! Nice assumption!

Liose , You have read into my comment what you want to believe , not what i am assuming . i think you may have just had a slight inferiority complex attack that's all .

For me personally , i feel it will , As i have already stated Liose i don't need a "proper valuation " as I'm not going anywhere .

Hey ho - we'll agree to disagree -

Well at least we agree on something .

I'm now going to sit and watch TV and line up my Monday programs...Jeremy Kyle and Loose Women I think.

Have fun , maybe you could phone them up and start a new topic talk about Tesco's and how much you disapprove of it being built in your area . Better still apply to the shows for tickets and go on personally and talk about it .

Tesco will be built. It's a shame but it's a done deal. All the consultation and "getting resident's views" is an absolute pile of tosh.

Ever thought they maybe more people that want it built , than those that don't .

The proof will be in another year or so when residents are having to queue an hour to get to their properties 500metres away because the infrastructure of the area is not sufficient to cope with one - let alone two supermarkets.

OK , lets wait for the proof then .

hi my names liam i live in halfway, i have for years and to start off i havnt read every post on this topic but there is one thing i feel i need to point out which could probably be the biggest issue about tesco building where it wants to build....

if your from this end you will know what i am talking about when i talk about traffic that already exists when trying to either access morrisons or basically cross the round about at the top of the hill... FACT- rush hour at about 5pm on that main road is a complete nightmare you have people trying to get to eckington you have people trying to come from eckington back into sheffield, you have people shopping at morrissons and people trying to get home to the estate next to the shopping centre .. anyway what am trying to point out is if tesco go building there centre and use the same access as morrissons its going to cause alot more traffic and thats last thing that is needed the que to get to the round about already trails back to the tram stop.. so overall i love the jobs being created but i think its a bad idea

I completely agree. Please make sure you lodge your opinion on the proposal as I outlined was possible in my previous post:

To lodge your feedback against this proposed development, here's some information:

1) Lodge it with Tesco themselves at:

http://www.newtesco-halfway.co.uk/feedback/

2) E-mail Gail.Smith@sheffield.gov.uk (Sheffield Councillor). She already has a petition with a large number of signatures against it.

3) E-mail Elainehinman@googlemail.com. She is coordinating motions against this proposal along with Gail.

THIS IS THE KEY ONE

4) Lodge your comments direct with Sheffield City Council at:

http://planning.sheffield.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_detailview.aspx?caseno=L5516PNY09N00

... or go to

http://planning.sheffield.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_searchform.aspx

and search for Application reference 10/02077/FUL

5) I checked at the town hall and the proposal goes to the planning board in December. This is a meeting the public are allowed to attend where they would be able to voice their concerns. I was advised that notification of the date of this will be around 7 days prior to the meeting itself and this will be posted up on http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/council-meetings/planninghighways

• 4 months later...

Perhaps there's now some issues regarding infrastructur that the council can't afford or won't assist with during the recession. Rotherham council have also denied the multi million £ development @ Rother Valley

Oh no even worse, more houses to be potentially built instead.

Archived