Penrith Rd. Shirecliffe

Hello!

I am in Canada and although the internet can answer a lot of questions, there are some things it cannot do!

I believe I have a Sheffield born relation who traveled from Canada to Sheffield in 1938. Her final destination was 237 Penrith Rd. Shirecliffe, Sheffield. I'd like to find out who lived at that address in 1938.

Her name was Annie Atherton or Ranson and was born around 1894.

City directories often have this kind of info but few are available online.

Anyone here have any suggestions? Thanks!:)

Hello!

I am in Canada and although the internet can answer a lot of questions, there are some things it cannot do!

I believe I have a Sheffield born relation who traveled from Canada to Sheffield in 1938. Her final destination was 237 Penrith Rd. Shirecliffe, Sheffield. I'd like to find out who lived at that address in 1938.

Her name was Annie Atherton or Ranson and was born around 1894.

City directories often have this kind of info but few are available online.

Anyone here have any suggestions? Thanks!:)

1948 Dir. has

237 Mrs Nellie Grayson

239 Tom Ranson- (journey man) Blacksmith

1938 KELLYS directory 237 Joseph Crayson 1940 Joseph Crayson not spelt Grayson 239 Tom Ransom. the houses built around 1936.

1972 Tom still at 239. i have no later directories.

Thanks All!

Crayson or Grayson, I haven't been able to connect them. The passenger list entry cleary says she is headed to 237. Could be a mistake. (can you tell I have too much time on my hands? :roll:)

The 1901 census has the Ransons living in Kersfield St (?), Brightside Bierlow. I can't find an address like that on Google Maps.

I found Corby St but can't locate the 1891 census record for the family. Is Corby St considered to be Brightside? That area looks like it is rather industrialized.

Kevin near Halifax

Thanks All!

Crayson or Grayson, I haven't been able to connect them. The passenger list entry cleary says she is headed to 237. Could be a mistake. (can you tell I have too much time on my hands? :roll:)

The 1901 census has the Ransons living in Kersfield St (?), Brightside Bierlow. I can't find an address like that on Google Maps.

I found Corby St but can't locate the 1891 census record for the family. Is Corby St considered to be Brightside? That area looks like it is rather industrialized.

[]I have checked the smaller streets etc 1876 1905 no Kersfield St.]the smaller streets do not list people plus courts do not list .

Archived