Gas meter box with no door

RE NG

If that is so there should be some small print some where saying we agree to this and have to buy our own. They should send us a letter

I might take this to trading standards or watchdog and contact NG

Still not happy... not going to buy one

More comments please....

If its on your property, how can it be someone else's responsiblity for its upkeep??

If its on your property, how can it be someone else's responsiblity for its upkeep??

By the same token, though, a unilateral contract is no contract - how can Transco decide to transfer responsibility to the property owner, if the property has not agreed? (Or, in this case, not even known anything about it?)

I'm a gas engineer and had to replace mine its part of the structure of your house so your responsibility i'm afraid. If anyone has had there's damaged by the metre company if you complain enough they'll pay for new door it worked for me

RE NG

If that is so there should be some small print some where saying we agree to this and have to buy our own. They should send us a letter

I might take this to trading standards or watchdog and contact NG

Still not happy... not going to buy one

More comments please....

You will be wasting your time. It is the law of the land.

By the same token, though, a unilateral contract is no contract - how can Transco decide to transfer responsibility to the property owner, if the property has not agreed? (Or, in this case, not even known anything about it?)

I agree,it isnt part of the house its on an out side wall and just covers the gas appliance which belongs to Transco or who ever?

If I have to pay for a new door then they will have to get my permission to read the meter, when I feel its convienient as its then private property and I can fit a lock and key.

They cant have it both ways.

Any body had a new door fitted since 2010

Its covering a utility fixture which does not belong to me eg a gas or electric meter.

They are quick to do something if you tamper with the gas or electric meter readings so where is the difference with the door that covers the appliance.?

Im sure if you used the words going to sue for compensation and exposed dangerous they would soon sit up... might try this....

So what are you going to do peeps?

Are you going to be intimidated by the gas meter meanie?

Or are you going to brick up the doors?

If you look around, then I'd be amazed if you couldn't fine enough bricks to make life - and the bit that the eyeball looks through - extremely hard.

Go for it! - Make sure that the individual who did the 'bricklaying' isn't there (really hard to prosecute an imaginary person)

Problems? - Pmail me.

Just have a read of the contractual terms and conditions that you have agreed to, by accepting a supply through British Gas.

Then perhaps you will understand why I tell you that you are wasting your time.

can you scan this forus to read?

Archived