A moan about B & Q!

I had my kitchen plastered and picked "pale terracotta" by B & Q colours paint range, the colour is lovely so when I had a porch built I decided to use the same paint, I had just over half a tub left, got all the walls covered, just needed to "cut in" and I ran out of paint, also I've had french doors fitted in my kitchen so I needed the same paint anyway to touch up round the new doors, Went to B & Q yesterday and guess what? They dont do that colour anymore!! My mum also bought that paint for her kitchen, so in the space of 4 weeks they have stopped doing that colour, they say they cant mix me the colour and they havent got it in stock in any branches!, So my moan is, why do they do that?, Its stupid! I did get offered to buy some "tester pots" of the paint at 98p each, I would have needed around 15- 20, the full tub of paint was only a tenner, I've had to buy new paint and change the porch colour, dont know what I'm going to do round the french doors, If they stop doing a colour they should make it available to "special" order, I wouldnt have minded paying extra, Idiots B & Q :rant:

I'm surprised they couldn't mix it up for you. They seem to be proud of the fact that they can make up any colour from a sample!

Which one did you go to? Other stores may have it in stock or at least be more willing to mix it up for you.

I went to Darnall branch, They checked on the computers for stock at other branches and there wasnt any, He said they could mix colours from anything except actual paint?? Apparently they cant put paint in the machine and get it to make the same colour, not much point in the machine then lol

Why are they still selling the tester pots if they no longer have the paint:huh:

Exactly! lol, They had other testers in a basket that were 10p each, I wouldnt have minded paying 10p for them and getting lots of them but not 98p, wish I'd thought now to mention them still selling testers of paint which isnt available at full price :roll:

They'd probably point out that the reason for the discounted price is because those colours are no longer available; but it's no help to anyone finding that out after buying them. It ought to be made clear at the point of sale: "Testers for colours no longer available, 10p each."

Exactly! lol, They had other testers in a basket that were 10p each, I wouldnt have minded paying 10p for them and getting lots of them but not 98p, wish I'd thought now to mention them still selling testers of paint which isnt available at full price :roll:

Sounds like you should go back to the store and point this out to them. They've obviously made a mistake in charging full price for these testers, or just haven't got round to reducing them yet.

Ask to see the manager - don't waste your time talking to an assistant who doesn't have the power to make decisions, all the poor sods can do is repeat whatever they've been told to say.

If you're reasonable, rather than stroppy, you'll probably find that you'll get your tester pots for 10p. But if reasonable doesn't work, try the "broken record" approach. Whatever the manager says, just keep repeating the same phrase, something like "But how can you charge full price for testers when you don't sell that colour any more", and just say it slightly more loudly at each repeat!

or buy a tester, paint some onto a bit of card, take a photo, print it and hey presto, there's your sample to get mixed up!

he would nt need to buy the tester he aready has the colour on the walls in his house he could take a picture of that.

however the picture probably not match the paints true colour unless it had been colour matched to it in the first place :confused:

Archived