A moan about B & Q!

Isn't naming and shaming against forum rules??

Im not "naming and shaming" I like B & Q most of the time, I just think stopping a paint altogether is stupid and costly as ive had to buy more for the porch and probably more for the entire kitchen now!

i know it is really annoying when this sort of thing happens,ive had the same happen to me before with wallpaper!! however,i personally would rather spend £15- £20 on lots of tester pots,rather than have to buy a different colour altogether(which will probably cost you at least a tenner) and re-do the whole thing from scratch...it may cost you a few pounds more but but at least you have the colour you want..x

i know it is really annoying when this sort of thing happens,ive had the same happen to me before with wallpaper!! however,i personally would rather spend £15- £20 on lots of tester pots,rather than have to buy a different colour altogether(which will probably cost you at least a tenner) and re-do the whole thing from scratch...it may cost you a few pounds more but but at least you have the colour you want..x

I did think that but with it being new plaster sometimes as it dries out it can crack and if it does I'm stuck again needing paint, fortunately its only the porch i have to re paint entirely, A couple of tester pots will touch up the french doors , Its just very annoying , I wouldnt mind if the paint was old but this all happened in the space of a month!

Why not post the name of the paint on here and ask people who have recently decorated to check to see if they've used the same colour and if they have any half-pots left that you could buy from them.

Why not post the name of the paint on here and ask people who have recently decorated to check to see if they've used the same colour and if they have any half-pots left that you could buy from them.

Read post number 1 again!!!

I'd personally just bite the bullet and repaint the whole lot in the closest available colour. From experience you're not guaranteed a perfect colour match from one can of paint to another anyway (having stirred the paint thoroughly beforehand) Always paint a wall including cutting in from the same pot. :)

Im not "naming and shaming" I like B & Q most of the time, I just think stopping a paint altogether is stupid and costly as ive had to buy more for the porch and probably more for the entire kitchen now!

I know, im not having a go, there are threads like this on here all the time, but recently someone twice started a thread to moan about a particular company and they both have been shut down (by the same mod) because aparently "naming and shaming is against forum rules" :roll::hihi:

Archived