Racist bomb maker jailed

Perhaps you misundertood me there, I said people would be incensed about Muslims and Islam by now if thiese guys were non whites regardless of their motivations. Since they are not of that category the next obvious grioup being Christian isn't blamed in the same way as Islam would be even when there is no justification to blame either Islam or Christianity. My question was therefore posed as to find where have those guys gone who would be normally on here screaming about Islam and why are they not screaming about Christianity?

I am not blaming Christianity but looking for the Islamophobes who look for excuses to blame Islam whilst pretending they abhor any act of violence, but apparently not when the guilty are not Muslims.

you are just as bad as the people you are trying to blame but cant see it :hihi:

Indeed, I wasn't so much arguing but pointing out the vastly different approach bu our resident self righteous clique of anti Islam members on sf.

But that's simply not true. You frequently accuse me of by "anti-Islam" yet when I've seen stories involving violence as clearly motivated by Christianity as clearly as much terrorism is motivated by Islam I have no problem with pointing it out.

More Christian Terrorism in the USA

Uganda's vicious Christian terrorist army agrees to a truce

Prominent abortion provider shot dead in Kansas

I take exactly the same approach to Christianity & Islam the thing is though unfortunately for your argument there just isn't that much terrorism which is directly attributable to Christianity

Indeed and just happen to mention they are doing as a revenge for American and British interference but somehow that part never registers, isn't it bloody convenient for your warped reasoning. I have yet to see a suicide video which hasn't mentioned politics and injustices in the Middle East,
Wow, a strawman argument from you, how surpising:rolleyes:

I haven't said that Islam is the only motivation for their actions, that would be silly. Of course they are heavily motivated by the actions of western governments. However they are also motivated by their religion.

have you a link to any that use Islam as a justification Jimmy boy?

Take this story for example: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3899015.stm

This poor 15 year old says that the main reason for him becoming a suicide bomber was the death of his friend, (presumably killed by american troops somehow) so shabam, no religious justification. Not very surprising.

However, why was he willing to kill himself for this vengeance?

"Some teenagers want to be footballers, others want to be singers. You wanted to be a suicide bomber. Why?

Hussam: It's not suicide - it's martyrdom.

I would become a martyr and go to my God. It's better than being a singer or a footballer. It's better than everything."

According to his religion, blowing himself and others up for vengeance against his oppressors would make him a martyr, it is the highest honour he can hope for, he says "it's better than everything".

Can you tell me do you think he believe this because of the occupation, or because of his religion?

Also, here are the links you requested.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/5331571/Video-Taliban-suicide-bomber-leaves-final-video-message.html

This guy says "Allah made me the sacrifice bomber. Allah gifted me this honour to be sacrifice in this temptation era".

Translations a little dodgy, but the gist remains.

And there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc8IZvJWKwg

"I and thousands like me have forsaken everything for what we believe, our driving motivation doesn't come from [the] tangible commodities that this world has to offer"

"Our religion is Islam... this is how our ethical stances are dictated"

Those really weren't hard to find, and I know from our past discussion that you've actually seen the last one before anyway.

why the **** are you all arguing about islam when that was one of the small details of the thread?

jews were also mentioned, care to argue about that too?

Because it is easier to do so whilst deflecting criticism of the idiot racist wanabe terrorist. I asked for and got the anti Islam group come on mass doing their rain dance about Islam that they have so much practice in, not once answering the question I posed but bickering about me instead:hihi:

Because it is easier to do so whilst deflecting criticism of the idiot racist wanabe terrorist. I asked for and got the anti Islam group come on mass doing their rain dance about Islam that they have so much practice in, not once answering the question

I did answer your question. You asked why aren't we all going on about how these guys were motivated by Christianity, considering that we sometimes say that Islam motivates other terrorists.

My answer was simple, there isn't a reason to suppose that these white supremacists were motivated by religion, however in the case of many Muslim suicide bombers there are good reasons to assume that their religion is connected, for example the words coming from their mouths.

Archived