Rock n roll jihad

Heres a muslim doing good

"“I have seen at first hand young Muslims being radicalised by the distorted message of Islam,” said Ahmad, 46, a practising Muslim who was born in Lahore but spends most of his time in New York where he is a part-time lecturer in Islamic music and poetry."

my bold, note the term DISTORTED, he also mentions murderous thugs mascerading as holy men

Give it a rest. mel. You're obsessed with Muslims. Whenever we have a few days without a thread about Islam, you seem compelled to have a dredge around and find something to start it off again.

We're still chatting rhetoric about the election results and the new Government. Let it lie!

Give it a rest. mel. You're obsessed with Muslims. Whenever we have a few days without a thread about Islam, you seem compelled to have a dredge around and find something to start it off again.

We're still chatting rhetoric about the election results and the new Government. Let it lie!

i didnt dredge around, it was in todays paper, whenever theres a positive story im gonna post it, just to prove they are NOT all demons as some on here make out, its only fair?

or would you rather not see theres positives out there and carry on living in the narrow band of all muslims are bad?

I don't think all Muslims are bad or evil. *sigh* I just think it's their prerogative. Better to leave it to Muslims to post things about Muslim initiatives, as being the ones who know best about it. If they don't, isn't it because they don't want to?

i also think its good to read from a muslim about extremism and how it IS a distorted version of islam and that the hate preachers are NOT real holy men

i also think its good to read from a muslim about extremism and how it IS a distorted version of islam and that the hate preachers are NOT real holy men
I wasn't saying it wasn't good. I was saying that it would be better if it had been posted by a Muslim, rather than you. Either they don't think it is that good, or they're not as interested as you are in proving that they're not evil demons. Whatever, it'd have more validity if it had been posted by someone with a vested interest, rather than someone without. That's my only point.

I'm sorry mel, but that is nonsense.

Just because this guy says it's distorted and that the hate preachers are not real holy men doesn't make it so.

What makes his interpretation of Islam more likely than the hate preachers?

No doubt they would say that his version of Islam is a distortion of the true meaning.

Who are you to arbitrarily decide which one is right?

As an aside I like very much what this dude is doing, playing guitar changed my life (although admittedly I wasn't very likely to become a religious extremist anyway) so maybe he can encourage some young people to turn their energies towards music, that can only be a good thing.

Some versions of Islam class music as unislamic.

That aside (and thrown in to get the Jihadis and White Supremacists to share common ground by foaming at the mouth in some sort of typing :rant: rage).

Wouldn't it be cool if he did a cover of Oasis; '"I'm a rock and roll Allah" :hihi:

Ahmad, who has faced death threats from hardliners accusing him of being “un-Islamic”

Only the other day the forum muslims couldn't quite bring themselves to condemn death threats and violent reactions to opinion, with the usual evasive reasoning that the person on the receiving end shouldn't have said something to offend the violent fundies in the first place.

So if Salman Ahmed was killed for offending the violent reactionaries, would the forum muslims claim he was asking for it? Or is that different?

I'm also bemused because in years past I posted a number of links to various muslim activists and campaigns who were up against various oppressive elements of their religious and cultural groups, and I got attacked for it by those who didn't seem to like the idea of progressive muslims, and one of the people who didn't like it was none other than melthebel.

Archived