Nasa's Voyager 2 'hijacked by aliens'

That's a possibility, but I think a glitch in the communications system is a more likely explanation.

The "takeover by aliens" theory is just about possible, but aliens who were that close to us would be able to monitor communications directly from Earth (they could pick up Sky One at that range...) and would surely have figured out enough of our language to send messages back in English by now. I consider it an extremely remote possibility.

Why?

How can we know anything of their capabilities?

That's a possibility, but I think a glitch in the communications system is a more likely explanation.

The "takeover by aliens" theory is just about possible, but aliens who were that close to us would be able to monitor communications directly from Earth (they could pick up Sky One at that range...) and would surely have figured out enough of our language to send messages back in English by now. I consider it an extremely remote possibility.

that is of course if they use the same comms medium as us ,suppose they are so advanced they dumped what we are using now, centuries ago ?

that is of course if they use the same comms medium as us ,suppose they are so advanced they dumped what we are using now, centuries ago ?

Quite possible, but I doubt that they would be incapable of using what they abandoned for improved tech. I contend that any alien race capable of getting close enough to our solar system to find Voyager 2, would be more than capable of communicating with us (if they chose) by a much better method than merely tinkering with V2's signals to send us a pile of gibberish. On the other hand, if they chose to remain unknown to us, they could cover their traces far more efficiently and wouldn't have let slip by means of the V2 signal. Either way I don't believe that this will be their work.

Hartwig Hausdorf told the German newspaper Bild: "It seems almost as if someone has reprogrammed or hijacked the probe – thus perhaps we do not yet know the whole truth.”

Is he implying that the voyager nav system has been hacked by aliens.

It has more chance being some smart brain box that nobody has seen for years because he/she has been busy building the voyager hack.

or it could be:-

Nasa claimed that a software problem with the flight data system was the cause but Mr Hausdorf believes it could be the work of aliens.

Nasa claimed that a software problem with the flight data system was the cause but Mr Hausdorf believes it could be the work of aliens.

This is a bit like Rimmer in Red Dwarf.

Lister: Oh god, aliens? Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Nasa space probe Voyager 2, which left earth 33 years ago, may have been hijacked by aliens who are now trying to make contact with earth according to a German academic.

The German "Academic" that the Times article refers to is a certain Hartwig Hausdorf, who is a regular on the Discovery/History channels adding some of his rather eye brow raising theories in documentaries about extra terrestrials, in short he believes that China's pyramids provide evidence that Extraterrestrials have visited and that a remote Chinese tribe might be the descendent of Extraterrestrials.

Hartwig Hausdorf is in fact a German author and his titles he has written(listed below) will give you some idea of just how "academic" Mr. Hausdorf actually is.:hihi:

-The white pyramid: extraterrestrial traces in East Asia.

-Satellites in the gods in China's forbidden zones (with Peter Krassa ).

-If God play gods: our evolution came from space, the creation was programmed.

-Return from the beyond: the mysterious phenomenon of rebirth.

-UFO Encounters of the deadly kind: contaminated and burned witnesses; death flights of pilots, and the cruel attacks of the aliens.

-The century of the mystery and phenomena; 100 spectacular events, secret events and mysterious incident of 1900 to 2000.

-Telepathy and prophecy: Visions of the future and dream worlds.

-Encounter with the incomprehensible: Travel to the most mysterious places of our world.

-Secret history. Volume 1: What conceal our historian.

-Close Encounters of the 5th Art: the darkest side of the UFO phenomenon.

-The Return of the Dragon: the last living dinosaurs on the track.

-Secret history. Volume 2: The conspiracy in daylight.

-No Sunday researchers: the timeless phenomenon Erich von Daniken .

-Secret history. Volume 3: Who manipulates the course of our history?.

-Bizarre realities: on secret paths into the unknown.

-Animal PSI: the mysterious skills of our fellow creatures.

-Not of this world: things that should not exist.

And here are 2 of Hartwig Hausdorf Audio Books:

-Not of this world: Small creatures with big heads. Unexplained phenomena.

-Out of this world: the Stargate in the Andes - Unexplained phenomena.

Obviously the Telegraph/Independent article writer must be a fan!:hihi:

Archived