Gulistan Indian Take-Away (South Road)

Jacopo

Is Gulistan Indian Take-Away good?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Is Gulistan Indian Take-Away good?

• Yes
    • No
    • Never tried it

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well!

Right, Gulistan Indian Take-Away on South Road has been open for as long as I can remember. Now, I generally pass this place 3-5 evenings a week and almost everytime I do so, it is empty.

So is the food there any good? They must be doing something right to have stayed open for so long. I asked my Dad if he'd ever used the place and he said that he last used the place about 15 odd years ago (:shocked:!!) and it was no good and he's never used it since.

I almost went in tonight to get a bite to eat as I was quite hungry but bottled it. So, your thoughts please!

hi i used to live on cromwell street and visited the takeaway a couple of nights a week very frequently. I miss it to be honest but they dont deliver and that is the only down point i have with the place. Most people ring in there order so that is why they doesnt seem to people there as they are not stood waiting for it to be cooked. hope this helps and from what my partner says the onion bajis are really good i dont like bajis so i cannot comment but the curry and the chips are to perfection

Hey all...

I used to live very close to the 'Gulli', I was a user of this place 2-3 times a week.

I still manage to go back around once every couple of weeks. They don't deliver and so I have to drive up to collect. But worth it!

I have probably been going there 10 yrs now, various members of my family have been going since the place opened. The food is consistant coz the guy that opened the place is still the main chef. Same management- which is rare.

That was fun, Whats next... I am liking this reviewing, makes me feel important!

Anyone know of any Chinese places that need reviewing?

Havent been there for years even though its just at the top of the road - I tend to use Cafe Masala (Upperthorpe) who deliver or Rajput for a sit down curry...

Anyone tried the new curry take away on south road yet? It certainly looks lot nicer than the last one there.. but what is the food like?

Hiya, im not really into curry but my mum and dad are mad for it. Theyv been going to that Gulistan since i was a toddler (20 yrs ish). Theyv tried to get me on that stuff since then but i prefer thai nosh.

Anyway, thought i would join in coz my parents are fussy about where they eat so that place must be doing something right...!

Hello all, I have been a customer of 'the G' on and off for the last 17/18 years. I only have one every now and then but over such a long time period that amounts to a lot of visits. I agree with the point above about consistency, I can honestly say that the standard remains high after all these years... and yes thats probably because its the same team owning and managing the business as was in place at the beginning.

I used to use gullistan quite often, it was always lovely, one guide though, if you order a chicken curry say 'breast meat only' cause sometimes they try fobbing you off with the s**te bits! Use shads Bankfield lane, YUMMMMMYYYY!

Archived