Ground Zero Mosque to be built on 10th anniversary of WTC attacks

That wasn't the analogy.

Was the behaviour of British football supporters who rioted abroad representative of British people?

British football hooligans are very few nowadays and as I said whatever they get up to doesnt even in the slightest compare with muslim atrocities

British football hooligans are very few nowadays and as I said whatever they get up to doesnt even in the slightest compare with muslim atrocities

That's because the UK police circulated a list of the troublemakers to thier oppos in Europe which resulted in them being barred and effectively took them out of the hooligan business.

Here are some that would be terrorist material
Im not one but i wouldnt mind too much if someone else decided to take his anger out of an obvious dig at the American people.

Lets be honest, its clearly an attempt to rile people and as a result if it gets built it wont last very long.

I just hope its empty when the brown stuff hits the swirly thing.

True. Americans arent the pussies we in the UK are when it comes to stuff like this. Let em build it i say.

It wont be there for long.

Build the mosque, turn it upside down and drop into the Icelandic volcano to plug it The muslims can then actually say they have done something good for the benefit of others for once.

True, there's no place for them, and rightly so.

No way can mentality like that be considered normal............I hope.

Here are some that would be terrorist material

No way can mentality like that be considered normal............I hope.

Dont know about the others mine was a joke based on a old cartoon sketch shown on TV featuring I think it was St Pauls cathedral as i said I forgot the smilies.I could have been evil and said fill it first but I didnt ;) Mind you tabby I forgot there is no room for humour in your holy book is there :hihi:

That wasn't the analogy.

Was the behaviour of British football supporters who rioted abroad representative of British people?

Your analogy doesn't really work though as whilst only a very small proportion of Muslims are suicide bombers Islamist terrorists are actually supported by a substantial portion of Muslims around the world. According to a 2005 Pew Research Survey in the following Muslim Majority countries support amongst Muslims for; Suicide bombings and other acts violence of against civilian targets in defence of Islam was at the following levels:

________Often/

________Sometimes__Rarely__Never__DK

Jordan____57_________31_____11____1

Lebanon__39_________19______33___10

Pakistan__25_________19______46___10

Indonesia_15_________18______66___1

Turkey___14_________6_______66____13

Morocco _13_________5_______79____3

According to the same study, 'the %age of people with Confidence in bin Laden as a World Leader' was at the following levels:

________2003_2005

Jordan____55__60

Pakistan__45__51

Indonesia_58__35

Morocco__49__26

Turkey___15__7

Lebanon__14__2

I'd be quite surprised if you could demonstrate support for "Ingerland" hooligans was even close to those levels amongst the English or that the leaders of hooligan gangs had any "confidence" from the general public.

I'm afraid you're still missing the point. I'm not comparing the acts, Im comparing the reaction to them.

You appeared to be denouncing Muslims, on the basis of those who celebrated the 9/11 atrocity:

"and does that include the thousands of moderate muslims who were dancing in the streets all over the world,whole towns across the world were turning out to celebrate, methinks the muslim version of the word minority and the oxford English dictionary's version seem"

I was simply illustrating that what we saw of that on television and in the newspapers is no more representative of Muslims, than the media coverage of some British football fans who felt the need to visit foreign countries and try to create mayhem.

Your analogy doesn't really work though as whilst only a very small proportion of Muslims are suicide bombers Islamist terrorists are actually supported by a substantial portion of Muslims around the world. According to a 2005 Pew Research Survey in the following Muslim Majority countries support amongst Muslims for; Suicide bombings and other acts violence of against civilian targets in defence of Islam was at the following levels:

________Often/

According to the same study, 'the %age of people with Confidence in bin Laden as a World Leader' was at the following levels:

________2003_2005

Jordan____55__60

Pakistan__45__51

Indonesia_58__35

Morocco__49__26

Turkey___15__7

Lebanon__14__2

I'd be quite surprised if you could demonstrate support for "Ingerland" hooligans was even close to those levels amongst the English or that the leaders of hooligan gangs had any "confidence" from the general public.

Likewise would you conduct a pole of those having negative views of Muslims and call them terrorist sympathisers for wishing to blow up Mosques etc? When people are conditioned into believing negatives of the other side then this happens and with all the invasions and atrocities committed against the Muslims that we don't hear of or just get a sanitised version of, support for justice is to be expected. These figures you drag out at every occasion are meaningless unless you are going to provide an equal stats of the hate filled anti Muslims. We could then compare how loving and cuddly the West is towards the Muslims, it cuts both ways and people like you are promoting hate rather than reconciliation Plek.

________Often/

________2003_2005

Jordan____55__60

Pakistan__45__51

Indonesia_58__35

Morocco__49__26

Turkey___15__7

Lebanon__14__2

Im not really seeking to demonstrate anything other than the view that Noddyholder presented should not be accepted without question and isn't necessarily representative of the views of American Muslims who we're discussing in the OP.

Non American Muslims, particularly in the Middle East might have a different mindset, given their perception of the conflicts being engaged in by British & American forces.

Incidentally the table you've taken the first set of figures from is titled 'Support for Suicide Bombing Declines' and includes this encouraging text:

"Concerns over Islamic extremism, extensive in the West even before this month’s terrorist attacks in London, are shared to a considerable degree by the publics in several predominantly Muslim nations surveyed. Nearly three-quarters of Moroccans and roughly half of those in Pakistan, Turkey and Indonesia see Islamic extremism as a threat to their countries. At the same time, most Muslim publics are expressing less support for terrorism than in the past. Confidence in Osama bin Laden has declined markedly in some countries and fewer believe suicide bombings that target civilians are justified in the defense of Islam."

Archived