Ground Zero Mosque to be built on 10th anniversary of WTC attacks

The new troll. Obviously. Can't you tell? It was the way I said 'This new troll is crap' that kind of gives the clue.....

No I can't tell who you're talking about, why don't you enlighten me.

I do know who's the resident troll of the site though, ;);)

The building – vacant since that fateful day when time stood still as millions of Americans grieved the loss of loved ones, friends, family members, co-workers and strangers – was purchased in July by real-estate company Soho Properties, a business run by Muslims.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=119328

"The new location is not designated a mosque, but

rather an overflow prayer space for another mosque,

Al Farah at 245 West Broadway in TriBeCa, where

Imam Feisal is the spiritual leader."

http://www.thesouthasiantimes.info/epaper/34_vol2_epaper.pdf?q=1st-filmfare-awards-1953

How many muslims would consider it a monument to there greatest victory in living memory.

I don't usually post on these topic but if this is true it is beyond belief.

And I very rarely agree with you, but you've got my vote on this one.

Wouldn't the first amendment get in the way of any attempts to stop them??
Not really, there's nothing in that says you can erect anything you want anywhere. Quite the contrary, the rules of zoning do not allow structures that do not fit the neighborhood of intent. A classic case is the refusal to allow Christmas creches in public places. You can say what you want, but Heaven help you if you carry out what you're talking about.

Archived