Ground Zero Mosque to be built on 10th anniversary of WTC attacks

Not really, there's nothing in that says you can erect anything you want anywhere. Quite the contrary, the rules of zoning do not allow structures that do not fit the neighborhood of intent. A classic case is the refusal to allow Christmas creches in public places. You can say what you want, but Heaven help you if you carry out what you're talking about.

I guess you're right then, the rules of zoning will end this idea, I can't say I'm at all bothered. I do remember a designer label discount store being by the WTC site, as long as it isn't planned to be built there, as I remember buying a few items there last time I went.

I'm afraid you're still missing the point. I'm not comparing the acts, Im comparing the reaction to them.

You appeared to be denouncing Muslims, on the basis of those who celebrated the 9/11 atrocity:

"and does that include the thousands of moderate muslims who were dancing in the streets all over the world,whole towns across the world were turning out to celebrate, methinks the muslim version of the word minority and the oxford English dictionary's version seem"

I was simply illustrating that what we saw of that on television and in the newspapers is no more representative of Muslims, than the media coverage of some British football fans who felt the need to visit foreign countries and try to create mayhem.

No its you who is missing the point how the hell can you compare the actions/reactions to football hooligans to the actions/ reactions to muslim murderers..come on BF I thought you were smarter than that ..stop hole digging

No its you who is missing the point how the hell can you compare the actions/reactions to football hooligans to the actions/ reactions to muslim murderers..come on BF I thought you were smarter than that ..stop hole digging

In neither case is there justification in forming judgements on a nation of people by the actions of a few, whether they're celebrating terrorism, being football hooligans or Morris Dancing, but that doesn't detract from the fact that terrorism and celebrating it is evil.

In neither case is there justification in forming judgements on a nation of people by the actions of a few, whether they're celebrating terrorism, being football hooligans or Morris Dancing, but that doesn't detract from the fact that terrorism and celebrating it is evil.

your wriggling now but I'll make it very easy for you..As an Englishman I would sooner my countrymen be known for a little hell raising on a very minor scale than be known for the atrocities and premeditated murders and destruction of civilians connected to the muslim religion

your wriggling now but I'll make it very easy for you..As an Englishman I would sooner my countrymen be known for a little hell raising on a very minor scale than be known for the atrocities and premeditated murders and destruction of civilians connected to the muslim religion

I reckon that they demolished the 'Wembley Twin Towers' before the fans did it to be on par with the 911 bunch:hihi:.

The mothers of the three young American hikers who mistakenly crossed into Iran from Iraq ten months ago and have been held on "spying" charges are getting ready to fly to Teheran to visit them in Teheran's notorious prison

News coverage showed the mothers trying on their head veils. Better make sure they're wearing them when they land otherwise they'll get a slapping from the Iranian Religious Nazi police.

These people are beyond me :loopy:

The mothers of the three young American hikers who mistakenly crossed into Iran from Iraq ten months ago and have been held on "spying" charges are getting ready to fly to Teheran to visit them in Teheran's notorious prison

News coverage showed the mothers trying on their head veils. Better make sure they're wearing them when they land otherwise they'll get a slapping from the Iranian Religious Nazi police.

These people are beyond me :loopy:

Americans being kidnapped in Iraq then slaughtered on TV.

I really would like to know why 3 innocent Americans got lost...and hiking...in Iraq??:confused:

The fact that they are on Iranian territory probably saved their lives.

..and therein you continue to miss the point.

What you feel as an Englishmen condoning (or not) football hooliganism, is irrelevant-my point was how others perceive Englishmen because of the bad behaviour of some British football supporters, I could easily have used warm beer, knotted handkerchiefs or the propensity to queue as generalisations that are often made about English people which dont apply to the majority.

Archived