Ground Zero Mosque to be built on 10th anniversary of WTC attacks

The fact is that my cousin who lives not far from Firvale didn't stop to count them but from his account I reckon that there must have been four or five.

Thankyou, I recall there were probably more than 4 or 5, however that isn't a huge number, nor does it represent a significant proportion of the Muslim population in Firvale.

The fact is sensational events will invariably attract ignorant, misguided people to rabble rouse, who will show their support without much in the way of reasoned thinking.

I guess you're right then, the rules of zoning will end this idea, I can't say I'm at all bothered. I do remember a designer label discount store being by the WTC site, as long as it isn't planned to be built there, as I remember buying a few items there last time I went.
I won't say that zoning always works. If it did Eighth Avenue wouldn't be the hotch potch that it is, but if you want to prevent somebody buildimg something you can use a zoning argument. I remember from my Sheffield days that you could be forced to repaint your house exteriors if they clashed with the neighborhood, or even made to tear down a house that didn't match. Thankfully that doesn't happen here much. No two houses usually look alike around you.:)

Well, the pictures that were shown immediately after 9/11 showing wild celebrations turned out to be an annual festival which IIRC Fox news used first to show the "9/11 celebrations", which was then taken up by other news broadcasters, before the truth was learned.

Or possibly Fox News re-editing and re-showing the same old footage?

Well, the pictures that were shown immediately after 9/11 showing wild celebrations turned out to be an annual festival which IIRC Fox news used first to show the "9/11 celebrations", which was then taken up by other news broadcasters, before the truth was learned.

That's simply not true, I saw with my own eyes muslims bouncing around doing a celebratory kind of hop scotch.

It was short lived however and those that couldn't run fast enough got an awfull beating from the local hells angels.

That's simply not true, I saw with my own eyes muslims bouncing around doing a celebratory kind of hop scotch.

Whereabouts was this?

Probably in the playground of a Muslim kindergarten.

Archived