Ground Zero Mosque to be built on 10th anniversary of WTC attacks

But he looks like one of them Muslims and has a foreign sounding name

From truconstruct's favourite news media-

"My first name gives rise to confusion. It’s a common Muslim name, so people I meet, or who read my byline, assume that I am of the faith."

http://www.city-journal.org/html/11_4_our_islamic.html

If someone is born of muslim parents they are muslim.

He wites in one of his articles this

My first name gives rise to confusion. It’s a common Muslim name, so people I meet, or who read my byline, assume that I am of the faith.

And no you are not a Muslim simply because you have Muslim parents, technically, you are just someone who has Muslim parents.:roll:

If someone is born of muslim parents they are muslim.

"I was born a Zoroastrian, in India, a descendant of refugees from the Muslim conquest of Iran by Arab armies in the seventh century"

http://www.city-journal.org/html/11_4_our_islamic.html

I hope you've got the bunker door ajar, you'll soon be diving for cover ;)

Sort of puts it into context why the Muslims who are directly affected by the bombs and invasions by the West should feel bitter enough to become the nutters that have and will take action into their own hands. It seems you do understand why the terrorists do what they do after all, but can't bring yourself to say so. It's wrong to blame an entire Muslim world for actions of the equivalent of the fair share of Nutters in the Muslim world.
Yes well thats my point, I am saying exactly that, that theres nutters on all sides of the fence and even sitting on it.

It just seems that this is going to be contrivertial and could mearly make the site go from one terrorist target to be replaced by another.

If I was a Muslim I would be happy to have a monument to all the American's and American Muslim victims of the 911 incident and visit services ect, but wouldnt nessersarily feel the need to stick a place of worship there to show some sort of solidarity. No matter how good the intention is I think that it going to be problematic and a bit of a risk.

So the City Journal is sudenly reliable now is it.

Well I felt it would be more meaningful if I referred to a publication in which you placed high provenance.

Are you now renouncing your affection for the City Journal??

Are you no longer a scholar on the life of Farrukh Dhondy? You should remember the little maxim about people in glass houses :hihi:

Archived