Can you tell me the best pub lunch please ?

pattricia

Try the St Pauls Hotel. Not cheap. but it is good. We had a bar meal in the lounge, very good service and very good food. The Yard restaurant is very good too, for an evening meal. If you really want cheap then Tony's Cafe, top of Commercial Street. Another reasonable place is the restaurant/cafeteria @ top floor of Castle House Co-op. Personaly I'd opt for St Pauls.

Hello Pattricia!

I like the Strines Inn (off the A57 going out towards Ladybower) and the Bull's Head in Ashford in The Water - they're both nice gastropubs in good locations. Strines is especially nice in summer when you can sit outside. Towards the centre, I like the Wig and Pen in Campo Lane and for a celebration The Old Vicarage in Ridgeway which is the best food I've ever eaten. I'm not sure if the Old Vicarage does lunches but I've been there for dinner and it was amazing - set menu at £50 but absolutely worth every penny! Hope this helps,

StillWaters

Archived