Why are whites five times richer than blacks?

Differing views on this are all relevant! What Donkey said is all spot on (yes, I actually agree with you but then this isn't a politics related thread :) ). 50 years is nothing at the end of the day, not enough time for a couple of full generations of sucess within a family even. However what Harleyman says is probably close to the point as well. At the end of the day there seems to be rife levels of dysfunctional behavior amongst many black communities but perhaps being suppressed until just a few years ago kinda does that to you. Takes away your self worth and makes you angry about your heritage, resentful, so you live you life accordingly. They key is breaking future generations out of what could be a vicious circle in terms of how they are taught to see the world as they grow up leaning about their unfortunate past etc....

Get it........?
Very crafty way of trying to disguise the fact that the Negroes/Blacks themselves were at the start of the 'Slave Train'.

Amazing how people like you always try to hide significant facts.:suspect:

Slave trading in Africa was well established long before the White Slave traders arrived and that is fact, maybe hard for you to digest that blacks can commit sins but they can and do..

Very crafty way of trying to disguise the fact that the Negroes/Blacks themselves were at the start of the 'Slave Train'.

Slave trading in Africa was well established long before the White Slave traders arrived and that is fact, maybe hard for you to digest that blacks can commit sins but they can and do..

I don't get where working out who to blame for slavery comes into this thread. The only relevance is that it happened to their descendents either way.

By the agents of.

And who were these agents, what race, what colour? What a convenient way of masking the sins of the poor downtrodden Blacks, calling Black slave traders Agents.

The slave ships arrived with a crew that's all, they'd have needed a small army to go and get the slaves themselves.

I don't get where working out who to blame for slavery comes into this thread. The only relevance is that it happened to their descendents either way.

Because it is always infered that the white people were solely to blame for the ***** slave trade.

Because the African American's decendants were kidnapped by the agents of a technologically more advanced society, where they were brought to work, not as equal participants, but as slave labour.

I think you'll find they were first taken 'prisoner' by some other BLACK tribe, sold to MUSLIM slave traders and then sold to a 'slave trade captain'.

What's your view of reality my little hype merchant...or don't you have one ?

This is a very simple concept you seem pitifully unable to grasp.

There are lasting repercussions of slavery and the lack of reparations until about 50 years ago. It means black people don't have the benefit of generations of wealth and social positioning being passed down, to kickstart their education, to save them money on getting a home and other necessities in life. Can't you see the inevitable knock-on effect of it all and how 50 years is nothing to find that level playing field?

Inheritence is hugely important in our societies, and the rippling effects of strong vs weak inheritence typically doesn't span just two generations.

Are you quite sure about that?

Apologies, what I meant was reparations began 50 years ago.

Slavery was off the books, but black people were still slaves to the prejudices of society and its pay masters.

Does who originally kidnapped the slaves to be alter the affect that it had on their descendants in the US?

I can't see how it does or why it's relevant.

Donkey makes a good point, one of the reasons for many social and other differences amongst races in the US is their recent history in the US.

Archived