Why are whites five times richer than blacks?

Judging by the outraged response of people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton it seemed like Bill Cosby had uttered the greatest blasphemy imaginable. Cosby was really verbally crucified for having the gall to suggest that much of the problems of blacks were due to the breakdown of family structures and values

Yes I remember that as well, he went from the highest paid TV star to nowhere fast.

A spot filled by that ever so false OW bitch, the one who claimed that Paris store was prejudice because they wouldn't open up out of hours for her.

I remember reading a book when I was studying for my degree called Talley's Corner. The theory about black poverty went something like this. A black couple have children, the man goes off to work but because he is uneducated and has few skills, he only gets low paying jobs. He sees he cannot support his family in this way and turns to other, often illegal methods to bring home the bacon. He gets caught and goes to prison. The mother then works 3 jobs to support her family, she isn't home to help the kids with home work or see that they are read to, kept out of trouble, etc. The father gets out of prison but doesn't see the point in working since he can never get ahead so he hangs out on the street with his other unemployed buddies. Meanwhile, mom is working her fingers to the bone, the kids grow up and because they didn't get the educational support at home and often were zoned to poorer schools, they leave school ill educated and with few skills. The kids have kids and the cycle begins again.

Mind you, this book was written in the 60's. A great deal has changed since then but I think some of it is still relevant and it will take another 50 years or more for us to see that financial equality between blacks and whites in the US.

Yes I remember that as well, he went from the highest paid TV star to nowhere fast.

A spot filled by that ever so false OW bitch, the one who claimed that Paris store was prejudice because they wouldn't open up out of hours for her.[/QUOTE]

She might have had a point. MJ used to do his shopping in the top stores after hours. If I were a store manager I'd be more than happy to open up the store for any celebrity who could well drop a cool 200 thou on a shopping spree

Wasn't the difference that he arranged it, whereas OW just turned up late and asked that the staff stayed late so she could shop?

I don't think she actually mentioned racism herself either, IIRC she simply said that if it had been X (i forget who) they would have been allowed to shop.

Edit: Just looked it up, it also appears they were preparing the store for a private event at the time.

From the money the store would have made I'm sure the employees could have counted on time and a half for having to stay over late

Wasn't the difference that he arranged it, whereas OW just turned up late and asked that the staff stayed late so she could shop?

I don't think she actually mentioned racism herself either, IIRC she simply said that if it had been X (i forget who) they would have been allowed to shop.

Edit: Just looked it up, it also appears they were preparing the store for a private event at the time.

She rolled up at 1640, the store closed at 1700 but no one is alowed in after 1630.

MJ made arangements to come in after hours.

MJ is also well known all over the world, whereas no one has heard of OW in france.

Plus she did claim on french TV that the doorman was racist, she forgot he was black of course. :suspect:

Here's what her PR person had to say later, the race card was clearly in play. Of course the store concerned 'Hermes' made an appology, no one mentioned that MJ (a regular customer) also happens to have been black, lol.

"A spokesman for Oprah’s production company has called it her "Crash

moment", referring to the miserable race relations movie that recently opened in

America. It’s not for us to suggest that the incident was or wasn’t

racially motivated."

I entirely agree with you there, rather strangely.

In fact it is what the left (of which i am one) have been saying for years.

In fact it's something all the trendy wendys believe :P

It is "trendy wendy's" that did this report and made it a race issue.

"Perhaps the most controversial area of study of racial and ethnic differences has been in intellectual performance. Many African-American and Native-American children score, on average, twelve to fifteen points lower than their European-American peers on standardized IQ tests."

http://social.jrank.org/pages/529/Racial-Differences-Standardized-Tests-Race.html

Have you actually bothered to read the whole article?

The idea that the difference is down to some racial or genetic variance is soundly debunked.

The 15 point difference can make a truely massive difference in life.

I play poker for instance and figure my odds against other players to be about 105% to 107% on average.

This difference means I make 300 per night (2 to 4 hours play) in a small local game.

And that might make sense if you were an average white american playing against other average americans of various ethnicities.

However you are not, you're an individual and everyone you play against is an individual, I doubt that a racial average can help in any way to predict success in online poker.

Archived